Data Center Engineer
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Shankar Satyanarayana
Date posted 04 October 2016
An American based multinational Sales company is looking to hire Data Center Engineer in Kuala Lumpur. Your main responsibility is oversee technical and IT issues within the APAC data center
About the Data Center Engineer Role:
Reporting to the Data Centre Operations Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day maintaining hardware, software, and administration support for servers, network equipment and overall Data Centre activity. You are expected to be accountable for all activities within data centre and ensure that stability, performance and capacity of the data centre are well-maintained.
- Install, configure, operate, test, and maintain servers and operating systems; conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers
- develop and maintain a comprehensive hardware and software configuration of all supporting documentation
- Familiar with Data centre Operations (DCO) tools and process such as inventory tools, capacity planning tools, and physical access process and decommission process, etc.
- understand on the standard DC environment and able to identify if any risks/gaps.
- select the most appropriate procedures from a given set of solutions/procedures
- able to recognise and seek advice on non-standard situations
- escalate issues and seek advice when faced with complex issues/problems
To succeed in the Data Center Engineer job, you must have minimum 3 years relevant working experience in data centre operation.
- minimum total of 5 years working experience with 3 years in data centre operation
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- possess risk & control mindset
- technical background or experience covering Linux, Windows, VMWare, IBM TSM, iSeries/AS400, IBM Mainframe backup technologies.
- expertise in the areas of Information Security and Risk Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery/Avoidance
- flexible working over the weekend and outside working time
This international multinational direct sales company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. With great clients and known for their corporate brand, they’ve awarded as “Most Favoured Brand”. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do-attitude, the potential rewards are significant. This company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career prospect awaits the right person in this exciting and challenging Data Center Engineer job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125