Business Analyst - SAP PP/PM/QM
Consultant SHERYL SIM
Date posted 21 December 2018 2018-12-212019-02-19 manufacturing-and-production Selangor MY MYR 204000 216000 216000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A SAP Business Analyst job opportunity has just arisen in one of the US-based manufacturing firm to join their team in Kuala Lumpur. This position focuses on project delivery, requirement analysis and solution design of the production planning & execution processes in ERP systems.
50% Analysis & Requirements Gathering
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Elicit functional and non-functional (performance, availability, security, accessibility, cross-browser compliance) requirements using a methodology most appropriate for the context of each project, such as Joint Requirements Planning (JRP), Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Screen and Interface Designs.
- Facilitate requirements discussions with key stakeholders
- Communicate and clarify the requirements to the design and development resources. Assist in translating business requirements into functional design specifications
- Clarify and improve the business processes impacted by the technology changes that are part of assigned projects.
- Evaluate system changes for downstream system and/or organizational impacts
- Plan for acceptance of solution (change management, communication, training needs)
- Provide subject matter expertise in assigned business process areas
20% Solution Design
- Create solution designs across process, data, and technology that meet business requirements and adhere to relevant standards and principles, leverage common tools and processes, and meet cost/delivery objectives.
- Consider in the design, the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment on solution designs and requirements. This may include but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews, testing execution, deployment verifications, customer satisfaction reviews, etc.
- Create supporting solution design documentation to ensure sustainment of the solution and business capability, support solution implementation as necessary.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Participate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business, technology teams and support teams.
- Actively participate in discussions on solution options and business partner decision making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target architecture
15% Business Partnership
- Work with businesses to identify and confirm connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Engage with and influence business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with technology teams, functional counterparts, vendors and business partners.
- Effectively engage stakeholders in change management activities
15% Project Delivery Responsibilities
- Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones
- Provides input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills
- Ensure traceability from business requirements through application testing and work with offshore development and QA teams clarifying requirements.
- Holds project team resources accountable to their deliverables and ensures project execution.
- Prepare high and detailed level estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution.
- Provide guidance and oversight during requirements, design, build, and test phases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
- 3 years experience in diverse operational, development and/or business roles
- 5 years implementation and/or managed application experience in SAP ECC
- Implementation and/or managed application experience in at least 2 of below SAP ECC modules is required: Production Planning/Plant Maintenance/Quality Management
- Experience collaborating with project teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Experience with business case development
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability in identifying and developing strategies to address change management issues.
- Experience, across various businesses and project types (including custom software development, COTS and SAAS implementation, O&M support).
- Experience in Use Case diagramming, Business Process Modeling (BPM) and User Stories development.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTKSM 423C