Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Lynnette Lee
Date posted 30 August 20192019-08-30 2019-10-29 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 84000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Java Developer job has just become available at a reputable software company in the financial services industry.
About the Java Developer Role:
The Java Developer will have experience in implementing applications within the cards management area and will join a team of experienced professionals responsible for the provision, availability and operations of our production systems and processes. The Java Developer will be based in Malaysia and reports directly to the business leads based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Design and implement custom development applications and interfaces for clients
- Write robust code that adheres to defined standards and raise the bar with respect to quality
- Specify and manage enhancements to be implemented under change management control
- Develop and maintain client relationships, requiring deep technical and functional expertise
- Able to travel locally and overseas
- Assist on production support on a regular basis
- Provide first and second level of support across all supported applications, developing a resolution for customer issues based on product and industry knowledge
- Adopt existing support processes and ensure that production systems remain operational
- Incident management, problem management and problem resolution
- Troubleshoot application issues in production environment
- Be able to work 24 x 7 standby support (rotating basis)
- Perform assignments as given by the Lead Software Engineer/Business Leads
- Proficient in modern programming language like Java/J2EE/COBOL
- Be able to develop using multi-language programming (Java, COBOL & C language)
- Experience with development and deployment on a Unix platform
- Knowledge of RDBMS of DB2 or Oracle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently
- Able to continuously improve on technical knowledge and keen to learn
- Knowledge of credit/debit card business processing is an advantage
- Knowledge of database/Unix is an advantage
- Assist the Project Manager in providing technical consultancy in project/CR
- Able to create project work breakdown and status reporting
This company needs no introduction and is well-established in their industry. The culture is great with extremely low attrition rate. If you are confident and a self-starter, the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Software Development Engineer job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C