Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 18 September 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A renowned organisation and one of the world leaders in medical devices and they are looking for a Database Administrator in Penang, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the IT Director, this is a role for an experienced individual who is an enthusiastic and passionate about working in a fast-paced environment.
About the Database Administrator
The Database Administrator will be part of the newly setup shared services in Penang, joining the pioneer start up in supporting the internal clients of the organisation at a global level.
- Planning and execution of daily administrative tasks including system and performance monitoring, system tuning, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, provision of recommended solutions, proactive error prevention
- Responsible for the operation of the organisation’s database systems and installations.
- Supporting technical conception, implementation, lifecycle and maintenance of the global database systems.
- Ensuring stability and optimal performance on all systems including incident handling.
- Planning and execution of maintenance and lifecycle activities.
- Coordination and control of external support and/or service providers.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation.
To succeed in this Database Administrator job, you must possess experiences in database administration and have the ability to work in a multitask environment in the Global Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or any other relevant Degree.
- Minimum of three years’ relevant work experience in database administration background.
- Experiences in SAP HANA/ SAP ASE, Oracle or MSSQL DB is an added advantage.
- Strong computer skills, decision making, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
This global leader in the healthcare industry needs no introduction, with a history stretching back over 100 years serving customers worldwide. With an ever-expanding business, this organisation is actively focusing on its constantly-growing business in Asia. With a culture that focuses on continuous improvement and innovation, this organisation promotes internal growth and a gender-equal workforce.
If you are up to taking a new challenge, this is the role for you. The opportunities to progress are ever-present, with the option of global mobility as well. If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-6090506 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1354830.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125