Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Lynnette Lee
Date posted 15 November 20192019-11-15 2020-01-14 telecommunications Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Data Engineer job has just become available at a reputable telco company based in Kuala Lumpur. You are responsible for expanding and optimising data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimising data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
About the Data Engineer Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for employing machine learning techniques to create and sustain structures that allow for the analysis of data across the organisation.
- Analyse and predict outcomes based on historical patterns
- Discover new insights and understanding of business performance based on data
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Develop a dashboard to visualise findings in precise and meaningful ways
- Use statistical data analysis and leading technologies to drive fact-based decisions
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
The successful Data Engineer must have experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong mathematical, statistical or actuarial background
- Must have hands-on experience in machine learning, predictive analytics and statistical modelling
- Proficiency in either R, Python, Matlab or other analytics/data mining package
- Knowledge of big data technologies and machine learning algorithms is an advantage
- Preferably familiar with big data applications/solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kibana, etc.
- Preferably familiar with data visualisation techniques using one or more packages such Tableau, Weka or D3 visualisation
- At least two years of experience in the application of artificial intelligence, data mining, machine learning, or pattern recognition techniques to very large and diverse data sets
- Passion for implementing leading edge academic research into pragmatic modelling solutions
- At least two years of experience building and deploying machine learning solutions on Amazon Web Services or GCP
- Experience with SQL query writing and optimisation
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they’ve won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Data Engineer role.
Apply today or send your resume to me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C