Solution Manager (ETL)
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant SweeJim Ho
Date posted 05 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A great opportunity has just opened up with a reputable regional bank in Kuala Lumpur in view of the ever changing and fast growing landscape of the digital space globally. This is an opportunity with vast growth potential and an opportunity to work on products and services which are the driving forces in today’s banking environments.
About the Solution Manager (ETL) Role:
In a globally shifting technological environment, this highly vital role has become an important pillar in the forward growth of this organisation. As an Solution Manager (ETL) you will be involved in the designing and expanding their Data Warehouse platforms alongside the best in their industry.
• Perform solutioning and participate in IT projects delivery related to data warehouse/ big data as Business Analyst/ Solution Manager
• Perform business analysis and lead the requirements gathering with business users, assess business needs and propose feasible solutions to meet or improve the desired objectives based on best practices and industry solutions, and influence the desired outcomes.
• Lead solutioning effort and help develop compelling and innovative solutions while complying with existing standards, guidelines, and processes.
• Work closely with business users, project team, internal IT teams and external vendors on solutioning/ project initiation, implementation and post-implementation support.
• Drive and manage user requirements, produce relevant documents and obtain sign off.
• Develop functional specification and obtain sign off.
• Travelling is expected between Malaysia and Singapore
To succeed as a Solution Manager, you will need to have more than 6 years of relevant working experience in the financial services industry
• Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering/ Mathematics/ Business Administration or equivalent.
• At least five years' relevant working experience as business analyst and/ or in data warehouse projects, in or with exposure to financial services industry.
• Have solid understanding of Data Warehouse and BI concepts in a large organisation environment using multiple applications and various data sources, as well as knowledge on Data Modeling, Analysis and Data Integration best practices.
• Have functional/ domain knowledge in Financial/Banking industry.
• Have prior experience working on data mapping/ETL on Teradata FSLDM in the financial industry
• Experience and knowledge on Hadoop technologies (complete ecosystem) will be an advantage.
• Experience in driving digital initiatives with business and Operations will be an advantage.
• Good logical and analytical thinking, and communication and inter-personal skills
• Good understanding of project development process
• Possess initiative, drive, and ability to work independently and be a good team player
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation and creativity. The scope of the offer, size of the business and autonomy to drive your career forward all formulates up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. A great career progression opportunity awaits the right person for this Solution Manager role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125