Assistant Vice President, Systems and Database Administration
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Muhammad Irsyad bin Mohamed Izmi
Date posted 30 August 2016
A well-established fund management company is looking for an AVP specialising in Systems and Database Administration to provide hands-on technical expertise in database storage, database management, as well as Windows and Unix administration in this key role.
About the AVP, Systems and Database Administration role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for the database management of the organisatin's data and servers. You will play a significant role in the overall management of the windows servers and also databases for the company.
- Install and manage Windows Server Operating systems
- Day to day operation and maintenance, e.g. routine checks, analysing of log, performance monitoring, troubleshooting.
- Hardware management which includes liaising with vendor for hardware repair
- Install, configure, upgrade and patching of the database software, including Oracle and Ms-SQL
- Develop script to automate specific routine related to database and UNIX
- Advise backup administrator on the backup policy and ensure that the databases are being backup and able to be restored successfully.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to provide the technical design and necessary policies to ensure efficient running of the databases.
- 8 years’ of relevant experience in ICT Database and System administrations.
- Hands-on knowledge in Windows Server Operating Systems and Unix based platforms
- Working knowledge in database administration, primarily Oracle or MS-SQL
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision & people oriented
- Knowledge in storage and virtualization technologies such as VMWARE would be an added advantage
- Has experience in management / ISO / procedure report writing
This fund management firm provides endless career progression opportunities and highly competitive benefits. They thrive in a demanding industry and culture, where you will be able to face new challenges and gain more exposure, thus making this a great place for the next step of your career.
If you are a technically skilled database expert with efficient multi-tasking abilities and a driven personality, then this is the job for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Assistant Vice President, Systems and Database Administration job.
Apply now or call me to find out more.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125