Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 22 August 20192019-08-22 2019-10-21 it Penang MY MYR 108000 156000 156000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting IT Manager role has become available at a leading global manufacturing company based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Senior IT Manager, this is a role for a subject-matter expert in their field.
About the IT Manager Role:
As the IT Manager, you will be responsible for managing one or more information systems or services functions for a specific user group/functional area/region or the entire organisation for delivery of services through effective resource management, and communication between impacted parties. You will take ownership for the delivery of services according to the defined standards to support complex business operations by demonstrating effective leadership for those involved in the development, design, optimisation and delivery of information service solutions. You will lead the delivery of services to user groups and ensure IT service is uninterrupted.
- Undertake project management and to provide end-to end development services across the region with a team of IT developers on multiple locations
- Manage IT developers including hiring, performance evaluation, personal development
- Collaborate with internal information technology teams to effectively deliver services to end users
- Working together with corporate IT teams and other regions to implement the best practices in the development space
- Drive metrics management and performance of activities with a focus on a data driven continuous improvement approach
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information across the global information technology organisation to help drive standardisation and sharing of best practice initiatives
- Broad understanding of business/operations requirements to create suitable information technology solutions
- Handle conflicting priorities with the available internal and external resources
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the application development function
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
- Participate in internal audit programmes and drive non-conformance issues to conclusion.
- Minimum of a degree in an Information Technology related area
- At least 10 years of experience in software development on .Net technology with a minimum of three years in a supervisory or management capacity
- Experience in AngularJS or MVC is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of SDLC (mainly waterfall, Agile is a plus)
- Shop-floor system (Manufacturing Execution System) experience is highly desirable
- Interpersonal skills in working with the customer, management and technical teams
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail.
This organisation is a renowned international company that is committed to perform beyond their customers’ expectations, something which drives their business decisions every day. Their relentless focus and discipline as an organisation has led to solid, long-term performance for their shareholders.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting IT Manager job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-6090506 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1445990.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number : JTKSM 423C-1A