Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant SweeJim Ho
Date posted 02 January 2019 2019-01-022019-03-03 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 144000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An attractive Data Architect job position has just arisen at a Malaysian takaful insurance firm based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a high-performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her career.
About the Data Architect Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be leading the definition and maintenance of the overall Enterprise Architecture, ensuring the data architecture uses the defined information and data assets to help the business achieve its growth and business goals.
- Responsible for the overall design of the enterprise information architecture (EIA), which describes, through a set of information requirements, principles and models, as well as the current state, future state and guidance necessary to achieve effective enterprise change
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Data Architecture for current, transitional and future states, for the conceptual, logical and physical Data Model, data definitions, DFDs and state models
- Lead the development of the requirements, principles and models for the future-state EIA, as well as the documentation of the current-state information architecture
- Identify the gaps between the future-state and current-state information architecture and work with other enterprise architects to develop plans for moving toward the future state
- Ensure that the quality, security, stability and agility of the EIA meet evolving business needs by coordinating with other information architects, solution architects or data analysts
- Analyse enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture (EA) viewpoints, to derive the ETA future state; this includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes
- Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Assist with designing the governance activities associated with ensuring ETA compliance
To succeed in this Data Architect Role, you will need to have at least two years' in-depth experience in information system design and implementing information solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent
- Minimum of five years' experience in IT, with at least two years' in-depth experience in information system design and implementing information solutions
- Experience in MSSQL (T-SQL), Oracle (PL/SQL), and Sybase development; in-depth knowledge of database management
- Experience in Informatica ETL
- Experience in mapping out ER diagrams; experience with Erwin is preferred
- Experience in creating data flow diagram-based analysing stored procs, reports, data model, etc.
- Experience in insurance and financial services industry is advantageous, but not mandatory
- Three to five years' experience as a data analyst is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience implementing MDM, document management, BI or data warehouse solutions preferred
- Data modelling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level
- Demonstrable experience in defining data architecture, policies and processes, along with design and implementation governance and control processes
- Significant experience of defining and gaining agreements for data architecture and major transformations to deliver primary business capabilities, including MDM, operational systems, business information and analytical systems
- Familiarity with MDM, BI and data warehouse development techniques
- Understanding of the differences between relational and object modelling
This insurance firm needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Data Architect job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTKSM 423C