Director, Industrial Relations & HR Governance
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Aziq Kamarudzaman
Job Ref 1857070/001
Date posted 16 October 2022kuala-lumpur human-resources/other-specialist-positions 2022-10-16 2022-12-15 human-resources-and-personnel Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Director, Industrial Relations & HR Governance job has become available at a financial services company that is industry leading in its local market inception in providing best in class financial products to both consumers and corporations. In this role, you will play a pivotal part covering IR, ER, HR governance and policy.
About the Director, Industrial Relations & HR Governance Role:
In this business enabling function, you will be key personnel in the team to manage the development, interpretation and application of company policies, and procedures, labour relations, contract administration, grievance handling, employee counselling and discipline.
- Planning, developing and implementing human resources activities/services in accordance with corporate policies, objectives and goals; serving as an advisor to management on matters relating to employees
- Coordinating employee relations activities
- Assisting with implementation of corporate and local policies and procedures
- Providing technical guidance and expertise to management personnel regarding policies, procedures and problems affecting employee relations
- Assisting in administration of the company policies and procedures, including the disciplinary action programme. Maintaining disciplinary action database
- Responsible for labour relations functions and maintaining necessary activities that promote the proper union/management relations
To succeed in the Director, Industrial Relations & HR Governance role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with various stakeholders within the internal matrix.
- At least seven years of relevant experience in human resources
- Good working knowledge of the Employment Act, Industrial Relations Act and any other relevant laws
- Ability to liaise with government bodies – especially Labour Department, Industrial Relations, Immigration Department, Trade Union Act, etc.
- Good knowledge of HR policies, disciplinary procedures, appraisal systems, performance management, workforce planning and employee relations
This financial services company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Director, Industrial Relations & HR Governance role.
Apply today or reach out to me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 November 2022A market leading renewable energy company from Germany with business spanning across solar, wind and bioenergy specialisation is recruiting for a Head of Total Rewards - APAC job. This company leads the development of technology and innovation, service supplier, distributor, and energy solutions provider.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 October 2022A Special Projects & Payroll Manager job has become available at a regulatory body in the financial services sector. This role is a two-year fixed-term contract focusing on delivering payroll management and to be part of their new system rollout entering 2023.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR204,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 October 2022A renowned regional financial services business is seeking a People Capability & Learning Content Lead in Kuala Lumpur. In this job, you will onboard their journey in managing country-wide affairs on learning journey, as well as the governance of related L&D policies.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 October 2022A global workforce enabler based in Australia is seeking a General Manager - Operations to oversee the operations team based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to regional stakeholders, this job is for candidates with experience in managing people and bringing transformation to the team.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 October 2022A Senior Manager, Total Rewards job has become available at a reputable regional bank. You will be responsible for crafting and implementing rewards strategy in alignment with the overall organisational goals. This includes the cyclical annual salary review, market benchmarking, job grading improvement, driving bonus and increment cycle, revamp, and adjustments of benefits programmes.