Principal Learning and Development Specialist, APAC
Salary MYR144,000 - MYR210,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Jack Moh
Job Ref 1894920/001
Date posted 19 January 2023penang human-resources/learning-development 2023-01-27 2023-03-20 manufacturing-and-production Penang MY MYR 144000 210000 210000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Principal Learning and Development Specialist, APAC job has just become available at a medical devices and equipment manufacturing and production firm located in Penang. This firm strives to implement new ideas and technologies to meet unmet needs to provide valued medical products.
About the Principal Learning and Development Specialist, APAC Role:
Reporting to the APAC Supply Chain Manager, you will develop and deliver Sales Learning and Development programmes as well as Sales Effectiveness programmes for the Capital Equipment (CE) business, for both company personnel (e.g. Sales Manager, Sales Reps) and external sales network (e.g. distributors and third party) in local countries in APAC. The role also evaluates and continuously creates programs to ensure the ongoing development of organisational capability to accelerate CE growth (assets, consumables and contracts revenue) and to improve customer satisfaction in all APAC countries.
- Develops and conducts CE specific sales training and sales effectiveness programmes for company personnel (Sales Manager, Sales Reps) and external sales network in all APAC countries including ASEAN
- Collaborate with BU (Business Unit)/CETS (Capital Equipment Technical Service) stakeholders across region to analyse the business gap through comprehensive source of information and to create effective Learning and Development programs to optimise the CE Go-To-Market ("GTM") strategy
- Develops and measures success of the Learning and development programmes created. Develop the appropriate measure to assess the effectiveness of programmes and implement the solutions by aligning with stakeholders in matrix organisations
- Go to the field ("Gemba") – work with sales and service personnel across region to clearly understand their roles, challenges and opportunities to improve their performance, by analysing the respective sales data/reports
- Monitor and follow up on the completion of the required training of company personnel (e.g. Sales Managers/Sales Reps) to ensure employees are properly trained in processes and procedures
- Build trainers network across region by training the internal and external trainers and lead improvement of training programme content and delivery to improve stickiness of the programme in each country considering the country specific needs
- Support CE Centre of Excellence implementation programs in each country to provide your expertise
- Initiate Sales Force Effectiveness programmes and drive improvement both incrementally and structurally by understanding each country's business and needs.
- Works independently with long range objectives. elects the appropriate methods and techniques by leading the project/tasks to completion
- Develops guideline and procedures, new techniques and standards related to CE sales Learning and Development programmes
To succeed in the Principal Learning and Development Specialist, APAC job, you must demonstrate proven ability to effectively design Learning and Development programs for Sales and soft skills and to deliver aligning with company strategy in a matrix organisation.
- Minimum of five years' working experience or equivalent in sales training/learning and development area
- Proven ability to analyse the issues and propose the effective solutions to close the gap, aligning with stakeholders to execute in matrix org to drive the business growth
- Proven ability of coaching including methodology and people development
- Track record of leading complex project planning and execution in the area of learning and development with strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Successful working experience in complex selling environment especially capital equipment and systems selling
- Sales experience is plus
- Familiarity with digital sales effectiveness applications
- Strong business acumen. High learning agility
- Fluency in English. Asian language capability is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Travel requirement: Up to 50% of time is expected to travel for initial project phase visiting all APAC (including ASEAN) countries. After stabilisation, it will be approx.25%.
This multinational company needs someone who is a strong communicator and able to build long term business partnership. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are definitely significant. The firm is also very focused on developing their employees to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Principal Learning and Development Specialist, APAC role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR200,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: KedahDate posted: 30 January 2023An exciting Head of HR job opportunity has just become available at one of the market leaders in high-precision metal components manufacturing and production to be based in Sungai Petani, Kedah.