Assistant Manager - L&D
Salary Market aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Debra Francis
Date posted 02 August 20192019-08-02 2019-10-01 retail Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 72000 92000 92000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Assistant Manager - L&D job has just become available at a successful retail company based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Assistant Manager - L&D Role:
As the Assistant Manager - L&D, you will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering a range of learning interventions and solutions to support our people to build world-class leader capabilities.
- Design, develop, and deliver talent development programms that focus on addressing high-impact leadership development needs such as level-specific leadership development, assessments, mentoring and coaching
- Conduct learning needs analysis (focus group discussion, survey analysis, bench-marking to world-class standards and being in-tune to changing needs)
- Make use of knowledge in L&D trends, latest research and technology to design, create and develop informal and formal learning solutions to meet organisational needs
- Analyse and select the most appropriate strategy, methodologies, and technologies to maximise the learning experience and impact, engage the learner and produce desired behavioural changes
- Design and produce learning content and materials that meet audience needs, leverage on education, exposure and experience
- Research, curate, organise (tagging), update all learning resources/information to ensure that it is relevant, up to date and easily found by users
- Market and create consistent messaging that communicates the value of the company's talent programmes/initiatives
- Engage and drive conversation in social learning platforms, monitor and respond to learner needs, and synthesise insights from the interactions
- Build internal faculty pool to enable leader-led learning including onboarding, developing (i.e. train the trainer), assigning and managing faculty resources
- Gather, organise, and analyse information regarding the impact of learning solutions including behavioural modification as a result of the learning process
- Support other talent initiatives when required including organisational design, performance management, change management, organisational and team effectiveness, employee engagement and culture change
To succeed in this Assistant Manager - L&D role, you must have strong facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to gain and retain the attention and involvement of sophisticated and challenging audiences.
- At least two years' working experience in the retail industry or related fields
- At least two years' experience in designing and/or facilitating leadership development programmes for manager level or above
- Strong Microsoft applications skills, which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other web-based applications
- BA or BS in training and development, organisational development or related field and experience
- Strong project management skills and able to multi-task with attention to detail and strong consulting skills - influencing, collaboration and responsiveness
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with others from diverse backgrounds and at various organisational levels
This is a retaill company with a strong reputation in Malaysia. It values a can-do attitude which allows you to achieve career progression. The firm places high emphasis on empowering employees to make their own decisions and working independently.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting this Assistant Manager - L&D.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C