Principal Rubber Technologist (R&D)
Salary Market aligned
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 26 July 20192019-07-26 2019-09-24 science-and-research Kedah MY MYR 8000 15000 15000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Principal Rubber Technologist (R&D) has just become available at an established multinational manufacturing company located at Kuala Ketil Industrial Estate, Kedah. RYCO Hydraulics commenced manufacturing hoses, fittings and filters in 1946. Over the years, RYCO Hydraulics has established a commitment to quality, extensive research and product development, placing RYCO Hydraulics at the forefront of the hydraulic industry.
About the Principal Rubber Technologist (R&D)
The key purpose of this role is to plan, administer and manage the research and develop activities of the company. This includes the implementation and administration policies relating to all phases of R&D activities.
This Principal Rubber Technologist (R&D) role requires the provision of identifying, evaluating, and driving research and development activities with regards to new or existing products.
- Manage and lead the laboratory team in driving the team to support rubber compound activities and projects
- Resolve rubber compound issues and driving and resolving R&D process and activities within the organisation and to facilitate communication and improve work performances
- Lead development projects for both local, production sites, including co-development with corporate engineers in providing cost efficient R&D projects in search for the best technologies driving innovation and technology
- Cooperate closely with product managers to assure customer focus and target costing; co-develops product roadmaps
- Prepare and provide weekly and monthly updates to senior management on the status of R&D projects and activities
- Effectively coordinate with site development teams on projects that include design, rubber formula validation, manufacturing, production test development, qualifications and production ramp
- Establish and maintain operational budgets for the team personnel and equipment
- Support R&D projects at group level participating in meetings and sharing technical information and "best-practices”
- Participate in new production introduction (NPI) and coordinate with the production and engineering teams on site
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering or any related science research degree
- At least 10 years of experiences in R&D activities in rubber and/or polymer related industry
- Hands-on experience in identifying, evaluating, and driving research and development activities for rubber compound products
- Familiar with PFMEA/DFMEA/DOE
- Experience in planning projects using project management software from assess opportunity phase to release to market (RTM) is an added advantage
- Experience in R&D activities for hydraulic hoses is highly desired
- SPC knowledge is an added advantage
This organisation highly regards thinkers who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Their mission is to listen to our customers and deliver the highest quality and technologically superior fluid conveying connection products and solutions.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Principal Rubber Technologist (R&D) job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-6090506 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1462630.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number : JTKSM 423C-1A