Medical Affairs Manager
Salary MYR150,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant LO JIE
Date posted 24 October 20192019-10-24 2019-12-23 pharmaceuticals Petaling Jaya Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 150000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Medical Affairs Manager job has just become available at an established pharmaceutical company based in Klang Valley. Reporting directly to the RA Director, this is a role for an experienced medical affairs professional seeking challenges in a dynamic environment.
About the Medical Affairs Manager Role:
This role is responsible for establishing and building a completely new medical team, taking care of medical and pharmacovigilance function.
- Compliance – promotions approval
- Review promotional materials to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines, and claims are accurate with scientific merit and validity
- Medical-marketing - alignment and cross-functional collaboration
- Provide medical inputs in the field force for brand strategy formulation and message management
- Cross-functional monthly brand reviews
- Annual business/long-range planning
- Brand marketing edge planning
- Monthly business development coordination meetings
- Monthly regulatory coordination meetings
- Semestral pre-cycle
- Cross-functional brand planning
- Participate in the scheduled medical coordination meetings with relevant medical/clinical information for discussion and decision-making, with proper minutes with action plans, stored properly on the shared drive folder
- Engage in scientific discussions with national key opinion leader networks, organises and participates in advisory boards, speaker bureaus; develop and release advisory board management guidelines/policies for assigned brands
- Develop long term professional relationships with key opinion leaders in close collaboration with the medical, sales and marketing teams that contribute to the achievement of commercial objectives and add value for customers
- Medical information service/New product evaluation
- Provide appropriate response to medical information queries from internal/external customers, health authorities, etc.
- Clinical research
- Act as the lead while conducting local company-initiated clinical studies to ensure adherence to GCP and relevant regulatory standards
- Performance and compliance of PV systems
- Timely processing of serious (within one calendar day/24 hours) and up to 10% deviation for non-serious solicited and unsolicited adverse events within timelines stipulated by local authorities, service agreements and corporate/regional procedures, ensure proper documentation and tracking of all cases, as well as timely submissions of final reports to local authorities and/or partners where required
- Develop and maintain an annual training plan for pharmacovigilance to conduct documented PV training for all local staff and pharmacovigilance service providers, where applicable
To succeed in this role, you will need to be well-versed in medical and pharmacovigilance function in the healthcare industry.
- Degree in Doctor of Medicine or Post-Doctor fellowship is preferred
- At least three to five years related experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of medical affairs operations and pharmacovigilance
- Good business acumen
- Good planning and organisational skills, presentation skills
This multinational company needs someone with an entrepreneurial mindset to start up the medical team. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are definitely significant. The firm is also very focused on developing their employees to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Medical Affairs Manager role.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C