Public Affairs and Market Access Manager
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant LO JIE
Date posted 24 October 20192019-10-24 2019-12-23 pharmaceuticals Petaling Jaya PJ MY 46200 MYR 180000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Public Affairs and Market Access Manager has just become available at an established global pharmaceutical company. Located in Petaling Jaya, the company is a multinational pharmaceutical company that is advancing the world of health focusing in rare disease and specialty care portfolio.
About the Public Affairs and Market Access Manager Role:
Reporting directly to the Head of Department, you will provide thought leadership, strategic development, and policy advisory for the company.
- Inform the legislative and policy environment to support company's short- and long-term objectives
- Monitor and analyse policy developments that may impact patient access to company's therapies
- Lead policy maker, payer and influencer engagement and relationship management feeding access needs and opportunities into planning and execution including value added opportunities (eg managed entry agreements, risk shares, etc). This includes planning with policy makers, payers, the medical community, healthcare providers and patient bodies in mind
- Lead strategy development, and execution for new product entries and uptake, and for growth and penetration of established products including securing external or internal HEOR expertise for health economic input and policy expertise for policy context, opportunities, and policy issues
- Identify evidence needs to successfully navigate access in Malaysia and Singapore and successfully elevate these needs into global HEOR and policy evidence generation plans
- Integrate evidence into local business plans as a tool for commercial (sales, marketing and access) teams and collaborates with them and regional access leadership (value demonstration and access, public affairs and HEOR) to successfully convey health economic evidence to internal and external audiences
- Identify opportunities and needs, and maintains relationships with payers, healthcare decision makers, and healthcare professionals in function of access strategy
- Influence and/or create enablers (i.e. healthcare decision makers including providers, payers, and policy makers, influencers, patient’s voice or critical data) to improve market conditions (eg evolve from price/unit to value-based assessment of products) enabling business growth in defined disease areas for inline and pipeline products
- Engage in price protection efforts for existing products with appropriate stakeholders including discussions on improvement of standards of care in defined disease areas
- Maintain relationships with key external stakeholders in Malaysia and Singapore like government agencies, industry associations and appropriate patient organisations
- Engage in Industry association outreach and general policy monitoring impacting company's existing and future business focus areas
To succeed in this Public Affairs and Market Access Manager role, you are required to promote the company as a partner for policy makers, payers and other stakeholders in healthcare policy to advance standards of care and access to care in critical, rare and underserved conditions in Malaysia and Singapore.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a Business or Life Science related discipline, additional education preferred
- Five to seven years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry, in the areas of market access/HEOR or government affairs
- In-depth knowledge/background in vaccines, haemophilia and oncology is preferred
- Experience in business planning and/or market analysis and production of value propositions based on access principles
This company needs no introduction and is well established in their industry. The culture is great with extremely low attrition rate. If you are an ambitious individual mindset, the potential growth with the organisation is significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Public Affairs and Market Access Manager role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C