Public Affairs Manager
Salary Attractive Benefits
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Sivaraj Naidu
Date posted 28 January 2019 2019-01-282019-03-29 pharmaceuticals Petaling Jaya MY MYR 130000 169000 169000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An exciting Public Affairs Manager job has just become available at one of the leading medical devices companies based in Klang Valley. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for an experienced public affairs professional seeking challenges in a dynamic environment.
About the Public Affairs Manager Role:
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of therapeutic area (TA) public affairs strategy, programs and initiatives at the country level with the governmental stakeholders to support the relevant franchise.
- Responsible for adaptation and implementation of the global PA strategy for the respective Franchise/TA at the country level
- Maps, builds and manages close relationships and partnerships with the most critical external stakeholders to develop and execute local Public Affairs tactical plans to drive impact in country, in alignment with the global TA PA strategy and local market priorities
- Work with the Franchise Global PA Lead to implement the global PA strategy, corporate positioning of the Franchises, and global business objectives of products
- Adapt and translate the strategy based on market realities and priorities, to define high priority local tactics and PA campaigns that impact the environment and seize opportunities for success. This involves
- Identify the market access barriers at the time of launch and start working a few years before to define a public affairs strategy that will allow the right engagement with all key stakeholders to shape the environment in the best possible way to secure patient’s access to treatment
- Work with medical & scientific societies to understand the current standard of treatment and the needs of the medical community to bring a solution to patients
- Work with the patient community to understand the challenges they have when living with that condition and their request for more impactful treatments
- Work with communication to start bringing the right messages into this process and help them raise awareness on the burden of name of disease that disease and bring to the political agenda the unmet need that society still has in that disease
To succeed in this Public Affairs Manager position, you will need to have at least two years’ experience in public affairs / government affairs and / or advocacy roles or any position involving engagement with external stakeholders.
- Experience in public affairs and patient advocacy, market-shaping strategies, advocacy campaigns, or advanced responsibilities in an industry public affairs role or scientific affairs role
- Knowledge of and existing relationships with key external PA stakeholders in the country market
- Ability to influence in a proactive, objective and diplomatic manner
- Ability to drive projects and initiatives and execute successfully in a complex environment, working with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Proven track record successfully executing complex projects and initiatives, on time, within budget, with measurement of results
- Good understanding of stakeholder engagement techniques, policy-making processes and stakeholders, pharmaceutical and healthcare business, country-specific PA community and healthcare landscape
- Ability to develop successful partnerships with local non-governmental influencers
- Ability to drive local alignment, execution, buy-in across and within the country BU leadership teams though effective interpersonal relations and networking
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to be a good team player and engage with a wide variety of stakeholders from different functions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
This international medical devices company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also focused on training and developing their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Public Affairs Manager job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C