Head of HSE (SEA Region)
Salary Good Package
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-11 2019-11-10 manufacturing-and-production Shah Alam MY MYR 10000 15000 15000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-established chemical manufacturing company is looking for a Head of HSE (SEA Region) to provide strategic direction for the HSE policies, ensure effective implementation of HSE programmes at various regional sites and oversee regulatory compliance.
About the Head of HSE (SEA Region) Role:
In this position, you will take charge of the entire HSE system development, deployment and pursue progressive improvement opportunities.
- Create and review best practices, policies and procedures for existing HSE operational processes/systems and implement new legislation to improve the performance standards
- Plan, coordinate and conduct scheduled HSE audits and monthly review meetings to measure the progress and identify performance gaps
- Drive and ensure audit gap closures and comply to HSE standards across the entire organisation
- Ensure that HSE activities and performances comply with local legal and other requirements
- Reduce HSE risks of operations to the level that it’s reasonably practicable
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective HSE management system as per ISO 45001, FMA and ISO 14001 standard requirements
- Develop and maintain HSE database management and preparation of relevant HSE reports
- Liaise with relevant HSE authorities (e.g. DOSH, DOE, local authorities) for compliance matters
To succeed in this Head of HSE (SEA Region) role, you must have excellent stakeholder management capabilities and be able to identify operational gaps to drive improvement programmes.
- Tertiary qualification in HSE or Chemical field of study
- Over 10 years of HSE experience at a team management level within the chemical manufacturing industry
- Registered safety officers with DOSH/JKKP are highly regarded
- Able to manage a large HSE operational team at multiple sites
- Possess a strategic approach and the ability to develop programmes
- Strong drive, fast-paced work flow and excellent follow-through
- Assertive, influential and able to steer various groups towards a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to engage well with all levels of the workforce
- Willingness to travel to multiple sites within Southeast Asia Region
This growing chemical company has solid expansion plans and they are one of the top three global suppliers within their product category.
If you are someone who is strategic, forward-thinking and possess strong determination to achieve success, this is the role for you.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my/call me at 03 2380 8763 to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C