Country Manager, Fintech
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Emily Lim
Job Ref 1869440/001
Date posted 07 November 2022kuala-lumpur general-mgt-consultancy/regional-management 2022-11-07 2023-01-06 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An interesting Country Manager, Fintech job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Country Manager, Fintech Role:
As a leader, you will be responsible for heading the international expansion from scratch. As the primary owner, you will craft the vision for expansion strategy, identify key markets to enter into and the best entry strategy, develop partnerships key to expand and grow, with local players and regulators/ government bodies for smooth entry into these local economies.
- Scope out new markets to enter - advising and executing on the entry and implementation strategy
- Set up the operations in the international market from scratch to scale
- Identify the right product and portfolio strategy to enter these whitespace markets, through primary discussions with businesses, competition, investors, etc.
- Develop strategic partnerships with key operational and growth partners, regulators in the region
- Project manage workflow and work with cross-functional teams to launch the business in a particular country
- Work closely with local regulators and legal team for smooth entry and operation in the country
- Incorporate and set up new offices in the local country, when required
- Hire local talent for business development and expansion, to ensure excellent launch and support, as well as post-launch activation for long-term sustainable business
- Build critical vendor relationships and performance tracking systems
To succeed in this role, you are required to possess experience in the payments industry and fintech experience.
- Able to break down complex problems into their component parts and have a robust analytical toolkit to understand the best path forward
- Able to see the bigger picture, and ensure the processes can scale as we expand to every corner of the globe
- Willing to get your hands dirty to find what works before scaling the solution. You will need to know how to balance speed with attention to detail, and be able to deliver results
- Think backwards from a customer’s perspective
- Understands technology, but loves a customer-first and business-first thinking
- Comfortable working hands-on in a fast-paced start-up environment
The financial institution has a very strong work culture that promotes internal mobility. If you are confident and have the can-do attitude without fear of being hands on, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Country Manager, Fintech role.
Apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 November 2022A growing property developer is looking for a talented candidate for a Country Manager (Proptech) job to lead and develop their proptech business for property management services in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 April 2022An interesting Vice President, Growth job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 November 2022This leading and renowned corporate and investment banking group with solid growth in the region is currently seeking an experienced leader for a Head of Operations (Banking Group) job based in Kuala Lumpur to lead the operations function to deliver a broad range of world-class solutions to its clients.
Salary: MYR216,000 - MYR264,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 November 2022An exciting Regional Head of Strategy job has just become available at one of the most respected co-living start up based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer, this is a role for a strategist who is a leader in their field.
Salary: MYR540,000 - MYR720,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 November 2022A new Director of Strategy (Hypermarket) job has just been made available at one of the largest hypermarkets in the country.