Consultant Benny Tan
Date posted 21 June 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A truly unique Deputy CEO role has become available at one of the leading international equipment and services provider to the electronic industries. This senior level appointment will be based in Penang with the responsibility to run the Asia business. Reporting directly to the President of the firm, this is a role for a dynamic and best-in-class leader in their field.
About the Deputy CEO role:
In this role, you will be responsible for executing the profit & loss plan through management of the operations within Asia.. This includes successfully delivering the business’s financial targets and operating plan, consistent with the corporate culture which emphasises accountability and results.
- Accountable for the effective and efficient allocation and use of all location resources, capital and inventory. This involves working with the team to establish ongoing capacity analysis and to match resources to this capacity.
- Ensure that the right people are in place to allow the business to expand to its full potential, which will include a thoughtful and objective evaluation of the existing leadership team, the development of team members, and enhancing the team as appropriate.
- Accountable to create and implement business operations practices, procedures, metrics, systems and structures to align with the location business plan and to meet and/ or exceed customer requirements.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative relationship with key customers, important local government agencies, legal and the Asian operations.
- Maintain active involvement in industry, trade and professional organisations for the benefit of the company and the employee.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and keep business unit management informed of the competitive environment and the activities of competing organisations in the Asian markets that the business unit targets.
- Identify opportunities for new business development by interacting with customers and suppliers. Coordinates internally and when related to the Penang capabilities, drive / lead the efforts to completion.
- Responsible for maintaining effective performance levels and ensuring the integrity of the performance management system by providing coaching and feedback and discipline when necessary while encouraging superior performance through recognition.
- Accountable for operations which ensures worker safety, compliance with environmental regulations and integration with quality systems.
To succeed in the Deputy CEO role, you will have to be a proven, highly-motivated business leader, with the ability to lead a growing and highly dynamic business, with a potential to assume even greater responsibilities in the future.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in electronics engineering and an MBA qualification is highly regarded.
- A strong leader with a proven track record in strategy, commercial and operations and general financial knowledge for asset management, budgeting and profit plan attainment.
- A minimum of at least ten years of total business experience, including a full profit & loss assignment.
- Business and financial acumen, including a solid understanding of budgeting and forecasting are essential with sound analytic skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong results orientation and execution capability with excellent strategic thinking and conceptual skills.
- A strong advocate of change, proposing, deploying and execution when and where deemed appropriate.
- Good personal attributes and values that are in line with the company’s core values of being ethical in business practices and someone who values diversity, respect and teamwork among colleagues
- An energetic, self-starter; genuinely enthusiastic; strong personal work ethic; entrepreneurial spirit and drive and a builder of good relationships across the organisation and with customers.
This organisation is a renowned international company that provides equipment and services to the electronic industries and help their customers increase productivity and performance in a variety of industries. This organisation is committed to perform beyond their customer’s expectations, something which drives their business decisions every day and their relentless focus and discipline as a company has led to solid, long-term performance for their stakeholders.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Deputy CEO position.
Apply today by reaching out to Benny Tan (email@example.com) to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125