Director - Retail Operations
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant AiRene Tan
Date posted 23 June 20192019-06-24 2019-08-22 retail Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 800000 840000 840000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A challenging new opportunity for Director - Retail Operations is now available in a highly respected firm based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is a role for a seasoned operation talent to catalyse a new phase of strong growth for the firm, by building upon the existing foundations, strengths and market share that it already has.
About the Director - Retail Operations Role:
The Director – Retail Operations shall be responsible for setting and executing a strategic implementation road map that will enhance the brand, the retail experience and the growth objectives of the firm. To deliver this, the Director is expected to bring new and fresh ideas on retail experience, operations, product selection and people development.
- Strategy development and execution, streamline processes to improve OOS and shrinkage
- Ensuring continued organisational cohesiveness and development to an increasingly independent, driven and professional management team
- Delivering on strategy to drive sales growth via organic same store sales growth and new store openings
- Continuously improving the firm’s delivery of a strong customer proposition around (a) outstanding customer experience; (b) good product selection; and (c) outstanding service levels
- Delivering financial results: revenue, profitability and return on capital
To succeed in the Director job, you will need to have proven leadership and retail operation capabilities to provide strategic directions to the team.
- Experience in leading management teams, engaging with staff at all levels
- Proven strategic ability to have clear insight into market opportunities and able to prioritise business investment and commercial deployment
- Minimum of 20 years of experience and proven track record in leading a multi-location, experiential-focused retail group
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior leadership position with sizeable P&L responsibilities
- Familiarity with Malaysia retail / consumer industry will be a strong advantage
This highly respected firm has established its footprint in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and across parts of Southeast Asia. It is a dynamic environment which challenges top talents. An exciting career awaits the successful candidate.
If you have a successful track record handling multi-location, experiential-focused retail business with demonstrated ability to deliver on large strategic initiatives, you can take your career forward with this exciting Director role.
Apply now or contact me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C