Head of Economist and Research
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sammie Sam
Job Ref 1859000/001
Date posted 13 December 2022kuala-lumpur general-mgt-consultancy/management-consultancy 2022-12-13 2023-02-11 banking kuala lumpur kuala lumpur MY 50480 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A high-profile Head of Economist and Research job has become available. You will be responsible for the development, coordination and production of economic models, reports and analysis.
About the Head of Economist and Research Role:
In this role, you will provide corporate management information and forecast on macro conditions and micro elements of the business to support decision making from pricing/profitability of the bank’s products to bank’s overall profitability.
- Work with key line of businesses to provide vital economic insights, findings and recommendations
- Research economic related issues and opportunities and provide recommendations
- Write and publish papers for academic journals, external communication and other media on economics matters
- Be the spokesperson on all economic and investor related issues for the bank’s internal businesses as well as the representative to the media, press and client groups
- Be involved in Stress Test exercise (credit risk) including analysis on MEV data and variable scenarios as well as the impact
- Be involved in MFRS 9 working committee team, including providing macroeconomic variables (MEV) historical and forecast data
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework, and networking with potential investors and manage relationships
To succeed in Head of Economist and Research (Banking Group) job, you will provide sound investment advice on macroeconomic developments to top management and key committees.
- Degree level qualifications in economics or equivalent training and work experience in economic policy and analysis
- Strong research skills, particularly using formal economic analysis and quantitative methodology
- Ability to develop and implement an effective and robust research strategy
- Ability to represent an organisation across a range of media and to present new economic thinking compellingly and credibly
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills
- Ability to set standards, provide guidance, and create and maintain processes to support colleagues to deliver policy work to a consistently high standard
This financial services firm offers great career progression opportunities.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Head of Economist and Research role is for you.
Apply today at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 31 January 2023A growing property developer is looking for a talented candidate for a Country Manager (Proptech) job to lead and develop their proptech business for property management services in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR600,000 - MYR780,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 December 2022An exciting Chief Executive Officer, Islamic Asset Management job has become available at a recognised fund management company based in Kuala Lumpur. In this high-profile role, you will develop strategy and objectives that include AUM growth, accounts growth and fee income ratio goals and operations in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 April 2022An interesting Vice President, Growth job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.