Deputy MD (Property Development)
Salary MYR30,000 - MYR60,000 per month + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Job Ref 1856690/001
Date posted 30 October 2022kuala-lumpur general-mgt-consultancy/general-management 2022-10-30 2022-12-29 real-estate-and-property Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 30000 60000 60000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading conglomerate in Malaysia is seeking a Deputy MD (Property Development). In this job, you will lead their property development business.
About the Deputy MD (Property Development) Role:
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead and oversee business operations for the property development business. You will lead the overall planning and implementation of property development activities for the group and drive profitable growth.
- Lead and drive business, transformation, and strategy. Steer the company to the most profitable position while implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals
- Direct and lead the development planning process from conceptualisation, feasibility studies, design development, budgeting, cash flow projection, sales and marketing, contract procurement and management, project management and construction management up to handing over
- Manage P&L responsibility and annual budget preparation besides overseeing departments like design development, land matters, projects, and sales and marketing
- Oversee the management teams, expenses, capital budgeting, revenue programmes, crisis management, vendor management, facilities and general asset management
- Oversee the project department to ensure successful delivery of development projects are on time, within budget and required quality
- Work closely with the leadership team to strategise and develop the group’s short, mid and long-term strategic business objectives, missions and visions
- Oversee feasibility studies and assist to identify potential land banks
- Liaise with relevant parties on issues pertaining to the property development including government officials, landowners, property owners, potential buyers, consultants, contractors, suppliers, other developers (JV opportunity), banks and lawyers
- Hire, train, coach and develop management teams to drive results through operational excellence
- Provide clear leadership, direction and guidance while monitoring performance to ensure delivery of corporate business expectations
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate property management policies, systems, and processes
The successful Deputy MD (Property Development) must have prior experience in managing a property business or department with experience in mixed development.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering/architectural/quantity surveying or equivalent
- MBA qualifications are highly advantageous
- Minimum of 20 years of relevant work experience with 10 years in managing a property development business in both commercial and operational responsibilities
- Prior experience in project management and planning or development management
- Experiencing managing integrated or mixed development projects
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Active leadership skills, good team player and able to be hands-on whenever needed
- Self-confidence, integrity, honesty and mental agility are critical for success on the job
This organisation is a leading conglomerate in Malaysia across various industries and is a listed company. They are currently focusing on growth and development across various sectors such as manufacturing, property and construction and many more. Currently, they are moving towards digital transformation.
If you are a strong commercial leader in Property Development looking for your next career move up, then this Deputy MD (Property Development) role is the job for you.
Apply today or email your CV to email@example.com to discuss further.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 November 2022A growing property developer is looking for a talented candidate for a Country Manager (Proptech) job to lead and develop their proptech business for property management services in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR540,000 - MYR720,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 November 2022A new Director of Strategy (Hypermarket) job has just been made available at one of the largest hypermarkets in the country.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 November 2022A Head of Operations Transformation Programme (Banking Group) job based in Kuala Lumpur has become available at a leading and renowned financial services group with solid growth in Asia. The group is currently seeking an experienced leader to drive end-to-end strategic transformation programme from its creation to execution and implementation of strategic plans with values and benefits.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 November 2022An interesting Country Manager, Fintech job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 November 2022A Head of Operations Transformation Programme (Banking Group) job has become available at a leading and renowned financial services group with solid growth in Asia. The group is currently seeking an experienced leader to drive end-to-end strategic transformation programme from its creation to execution and implementation of strategic plans with values and benefits.