Head, Underwriting & Portfolio Development (General)
Salary MYR144,000 - MYR216,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant JenJun Wong
Date posted 16 October 2018 2018-10-162018-12-10 insurance Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
Head, Underwriting & Portfolio Development (General) A globally established General Insurance firm is on an ambitious lookout for an experience Underwriting and Portfolio Development talent to join its retail business line in Kuala Lumpur overseeing its Underwriting function and drive its growth through development of products.
About the Head, Underwriting & Portfolio Development (General) role
As the lead for the retail line's Underwriting and Development functions, you will be tasked to oversee the risk and growth strategy of all products and functions under the retail umbrella.
- Leading the underwriting function to assess risk and underwrite for its Personal Lines as per Underwriting guideline with focus on growth and profitability
- Monitor revenue expectation and profitability for each lines of business, product, channel etc
- Develop and maintain documented underwriting process and frameworks ensuring that appropriate financial discipline is applied by the organisation at all levels of the value chain
- Managing the entire product development life cycle from product ideation, concept, creation to launch, including policy documentation and marketing materials
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, such as legal, compliance, vendor, IT and distribution channels for product roll out
- Consult and communicate with the key stakeholders (where required and relevant) in the new product development process
- Work with Product Leaders and Distribution channels to develop marketing strategies and plans for product development on marketing collaterals and new product launches
- Maintain proper documentation of all relevant internal/external analysis conducted and information used in the product development, pricing and approval sign-offs
- Ensuring appropriate post implementation/post launch monitoring of new products in line with the regulatory and Company guidelines
- Prepare product documentation for submission to PIAM and/or BNM where necessary
To succeed in this role, you must be highly proactive and innovative in identifying growth opportunities.
- Bachelor' degree in any discipline
- AMII/ACII or equivalent insurance qualifications
- At least 10 years' working experience in general insurance
- Experience in project management including involvement in the creation of new insurance products to the market
- Good analytical, written and communication skills
- Highly driven and independent
The successful Head, Underwriting & Portfolio Development (General) will join a well-established insurance group in the world. The firm transacts all lines of general insurance and has a network of subsidiaries, branches and representative offices on all five continents.
If you're driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await you in this exciting Head, Underwriting & Portfolio Development (General) job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125