Senior Immigration Consultant
Consultant SherLynn Lee
Date posted 17 August 2018 2018-08-172018-10-16 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An international logistics distribution and supply chain service company is recruiting a Senior Immigration Consultant in Penang to join their team. In this job, you will be responsible for assisting and managing individuals who are internationally relocating. You will be reporting to the Immigration Manager.
About the Senior Immigration Consultant Role:
This is a dynamic role where you will be working with HR professionals in your corporate client portfolio and their transferring executives to deliver a suite of relocating programmes, including Orientations, Home Searches, School Searches, Tenancy Management, Immigration and Cross-Cultural Training. You are required to work within strict timelines and communicate with authorities and the client consistently. You will also be assisting the Immigration Manager in the management, coordination and handling of Immigration Services.
- Knowledgeable on the procedures and protocol of Malaysian Immigration Department and hands-on experience in handling work permit / Employment Pass and accompanying dependents’ passes
- Advice clients and assignees and take proactive action in handling the case with minimum supervision
- Ensure all processes are documented and updated which includes process flow of each type of immigration services to clients such as EP, DP, special pass, transfer, long term social visit pass, cancellation, consent to work/study, overstayed clearance, etc.
- Understand the latest trends in the Immigration field as to ensure checklists are in order
- Provide prompt assistance and information to related departments and clients on immigration, visas and customer services related issues
- Job includes but not limited to handling immigration services, preparing immigration documents to the immigration officer and other related authorities such as MDEC, MDTCA, MOFA, MOE, MIDA, ESD and related government departments, correspondences with clients and general administrative duties
- Input of data from current master database into company system including data from endorsements into the company database
- Coordinate dispatch for collection/delivery of immigration documents to/from clients/transferee/Immigration Department
- Prepare invoices and monitor the invoices’ payments from clients; monitor invoicing issues upon closure of case which include supporting on collection of ageing that will be provided by Accounts Department
- Manage reports of the department – weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Liaise with other government / government related authority for out of scope services e.g. translation, certification services, etc.
To succeed in the Senior Immigration Consultant job, you need to have strong exceptional customer service skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Able to accurately maintain all files and provide administrative support
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proficient computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher or equivalent
- Willingness to support consultants during their absence and act as a mentor to junior team members
- Willingness to go to Immigration office if required to attend to specific case/client
The successful Senior Immigration Consultant will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a congenial environment with a team of other professionals that places a great deal of emphasis in staff development and training and has concrete schemes to reward excellence.
If you are a talented and focused HR professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Senior Immigration Consultant role is for you.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125