Director of Strategy (Hypermarket)
Salary MYR540,000 - MYR720,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant KarMoon Tan
Job Ref 1867510/001
Date posted 11 November 2022kuala-lumpur general-mgt-consultancy/corporate-strategy 2022-11-11 2023-01-10 retail Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 540000 720000 720000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A new Director of Strategy (Hypermarket) job has just been made available at one of the largest hypermarkets in the country.
About the Director of Strategy (Hypermarket) Role:
As the Director of Strategy, reporting directly to the MD, you will function as an internal consultant responsible for driving strategy. On the strategy side, representative projects include development of the three-year and long term strategy plan, decision making around P&L management and identification of new business opportunities.
- Play a key role in the development of the three and 10-year strategic plans
- Develop "game-changing" insights that lead to differential growth
- Ensure accountability and follow-through of action items among stakeholders
- Drive the strategic process on internal consulting projects
- Develop the hypothesis and analysis framework
- Drive the work of multi-disciplinary teams
- Lead presentations and recommendations of action steps
- Stakeholder engagement – define and execute a plan to engage industry and community stakeholders to help achieve long-term objectives
- Marketing and communications - lead internal and external promotion and marketing in partnership with operations teams and colleagues across other functions
- Prepare executive-level presentations to share with global leadership including the international and group-level CEOs, CFOs, COOs, etc.
- Synthesise data and analysis and translate into specific actions
To succeed in this position, this well-rounded leader will have to be confident, analytical and play a key role in shaping the strategic vision of the company.
- Top-tier bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is preferred (e.g. PhD)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in top-tier management consulting and investment banking
- Experience managing retail projects is desired
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Ability to work in local/regional/global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal business partners of all levels and disciplines as well as external stakeholders
This hypermarket has an outstanding reputation in its market and great value is placed on employee training and development. You are joining a winning team with a unique culture that focus on performance-based meritocracy that rewards stellar individual and team contributions. They have the people and culture which promotes innovation, enterprise and creativity. This well-recognised brand offers an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Director of Strategy (Hypermarket) role.
Apply today or contact me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR216,000 - MYR264,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 November 2022An exciting Regional Head of Strategy job has just become available at one of the most respected co-living start up based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer, this is a role for a strategist who is a leader in their field.
Salary: MYR360,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 October 2022A General Manager - Merchandising (RTE/RTD) job has just become available at one of the largest retail chains in the country.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 November 2022A growing property developer is looking for a talented candidate for a Country Manager (Proptech) job to lead and develop their proptech business for property management services in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 November 2022This leading and renowned corporate and investment banking group with solid growth in the region is currently seeking an experienced leader for a Head of Operations (Banking Group) job based in Kuala Lumpur to lead the operations function to deliver a broad range of world-class solutions to its clients.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 November 2022A Head of Operations Transformation Programme (Banking Group) job based in Kuala Lumpur has become available at a leading and renowned financial services group with solid growth in Asia. The group is currently seeking an experienced leader to drive end-to-end strategic transformation programme from its creation to execution and implementation of strategic plans with values and benefits.