Global M&A & Strategic Planning Manager
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Rachel Chan
Date posted 29 August 2016
A leading business in the lubricant industry is looking for a Global M&A & Strategic Planning Manager to head the M&A department based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Head of Group Strategic, this role is for professional who is the leader in their field.
About the Global M&A & Strateic Planning Manager:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible to plan and formulate strategies for the long-term growth and development of the Group in line with its vision and mission.
- To update the global, regional and key countries’ macro-economy & geopolitical database in order to support the formulation of long-term strategies
- To work with Strategic Research (SR) department of the Group in order to gather market intelligence and run competitive benchmarking exercise
- To manage the annual strategic planning exercise led by the Head of Group Strategic Planning and M&A in order to arrive at the final Budget & Business Plan for the Group
- To liaise with all departments and other functional areas in order to develop global strategies i.e. Global R&D Strategy, Global Supply Chain Strategy, Global Key Accounts Strategy, Global Marketing Strategy, etc.
- To liaise with regional teams to ensure consistency of strategy application in line with global strategies
- To pose key strategic questions to the regional offices in order to challenge & improve / exceed their key performance indicators (KPIs)
- To monitor the short, mid and long-term key performance indicators (KPIs) of the Group and ensure adherence to the target set in the budget
- To mitigate risk by regularly engaging with the operational team in order to ensure that operation plans are in the right direction in line with overall global strategies
To succeed in the Global M&A & Strategic Planning Manager job, you will need to have the experience with a leading strategy consulting firm and/or respected operating company’s strategy function or M&A / Corporate Development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a self-starter with strong financial analysis and business skills with the ability to work independently across multiple business unit and corporate group
- ability to identify and define business questions and issues, and develop strategic, analytical and financial frameworks to conduct analysis
- ability to interface, help influence and build alignment with individuals and multi-discipline teams across all levels of management
- advanced competency with necessary software tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint is essential
This organization is a global lubricant business that operates in many countries worldwide. The company offers outstanding local and international career opportunities to its employees and is a renowned brand name in the lubricants business.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Global M&A & Strategic Planning Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125