Head, Credit & Market Risk
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Crystal Gan
Job Ref 1894530/001
Date posted 01 February 2023kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/risk-credit-mkt-operational 2023-02-16 2023-04-02 banking Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Head, Credit & Market Risk. This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.
About the Head, Credit & Market Risk Role:
In this business critical role, you will be formulating, reviewing and recommending strategies of Enterprise Risk Management (Credit and Market Risks) to manage the overall risks associated with the organisation's activities to the Board of Directors and its oversight committee.
- Oversee the development of methodologies for assessing, measuring, managing and monitoring credit and market risk exposures. Develop a suitable credit and market risk model and quantify credit risk segments for Management Committee Meetings and Board meetings
- Develop credit risk analytics and forecast reporting and work together with business units to drive decisions supported by statistical and/or quantitative approaches with minimum risk
- Manage and ensure risk exposures are within the parameters set (i.e. Key Risk Indicator/High Risk Sector/Group Exposure) by the board and ensure that significant risk exposures are reported in a timely manner
- Oversee the development of pricing models and assumptions and communicating profit test result with the assistance of the actuarial consultant
- Develop and maintain credit risk rating system for the measurement and management of credit risk for different segments of the corporation’s portfolios
- Address issues raised by internal and external auditors, BNM and other regulatory bodies relating to risk management
To succeed in this Head, Credit & Market Risk role, you will need to maintain a close working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and/or professional degree, in engineering, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, economics, business administration, finance, banking or accountancy. Other relevant qualifications such as professional certification, ACE, CCP or qualifications related to credit and market risk assessment and/or credit evaluation/processing experience
- More than 10 - 15 years of work experience in risk management preferably in the banking industry
- Strong exposure to credit risk, market risk and credit operations, good understanding of financial concepts, relevant Basel and BNM guidelines. Exposure to the insurance industry is an advantage
- Excellent communication and report writing skills. Able to present reports to the management and board
- Computer literate with strong analytical skills and good interpersonal skills
This well-known entity has an outstanding reputation and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression awaits the right person in this exciting Head, Credit & Market Risk role.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7017
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 March 2023An attractive VP, Digital Adoption & Analytics job has become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 March 2023An attractive Product Manager, Managed Investment job has become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 March 2023A Credit Risk Modeller job has become available at a reputable entity. This is a role for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 February 2023An exciting Head of Banca, General Insurance job has become available at one of the general insurance companies based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 February 2023A well-known local entity is seeking a highly qualified candidate or a Senior Manager, Sustainability Strategy job. This is a role for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.