Head, Credit Portfolio Management
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Doreen Ooi
Job Ref 1867470/001
Date posted 01 November 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/risk-credit-mkt-operational 2022-11-01 2022-12-31 banking Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head, Credit Portfolio Management job has just become available at one of the most respected banks based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a risk professional who is keen to take up a leadership role in a dynamic team.
About the Head, Credit Portfolio Management Role:
You will work as a dedicated regional lead that is tasked to build a robust credit evaluation process and proactively manage the loan portfolio of corporate banking.
- Independently evaluate and recommend credit decisions from pre-deal clearance/round-table discussions to submission to credit committee and/or approve credit applications under the Joint Delegation Authority
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to corporate banking teams (including loan structuring) to ensure their credit proposals adequately address all relevant risk factors
- Undertake periodic portfolio reviews of corporate accounts including stress testing and impact assessments. Thereafter, work with the relevant stakeholders to facilitate resolution of these risk breaches/credit issues
- Participate in developing, testing and optimising credit policies and credit risk related projects and ensuring consistency and regulatory compliance
To succeed in this Head, Credit Portfolio Management job, you will need to contribute towards an anticipatory approach to risk assessment by highlighting issues through good stakeholder communication.
- Degree in a related field with at least 15 years of experience in corporate/non-retail credit evaluation or in a credit risk function including stress testing, concentration and risk appetite risk management
- Professional credit qualifications such as Chartered Banker, Professional Credit Certificate (“PCC”) or its equivalent and working experience as corporate relationship manager is an advantage
- Ability to understand complex credits originated and/or cross-border deals
- Sound presentation skills as this role will be frequently involved in credit assessment and portfolio review presentations to the senior management
- Strong leadership and people managing skills, results-oriented individuals, resourceful and strong business connections in identifying and developing business opportunities
This bank needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Head, Credit Portfolio Management job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 November 2022An exciting Head of Internal Audit job has just become available at a well-known bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an internal auditor who has strong leadership skills.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 November 2022A Head, Retail SME Banking job has become available at a financial services company searching for an experienced business driver in the area of retail SME segment of customers. Reporting to the Management team of the company, this role is based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 November 2022A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified Head of Fraud Risk. This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 November 2022This leading and renowned corporate and investment banking group with solid growth in the region is currently seeking an experienced leader for a Head of Operations (Banking Group) job based in Kuala Lumpur to lead the operations function to deliver a broad range of world-class solutions to its clients.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 November 2022A well-known bank is seeking a highly qualified candidate for a Head, Asset Rehabilitation and Recovery job. This is a role for a driven professional who is looking to make a lasting impact on the organisation.