Head, Middle Office for Market Risk
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Doreen Ooi
Date posted 28 October 20192019-10-28 2019-12-27 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 216000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A newly available Head, Middle Office for Market Risk job has just become available in the Market Risk department at a well-known local bank based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Market Risk, this is a role for a Risk Manager who is a leader in their field.
About the Head, Middle Office for Market Risk Role:
In this business critical role, you will provide independent risk monitoring of treasury activities, which forms an integral function (2nd Line of Defence) in ensuring adherence of all approved policies and risk limits.
- Develop, implement and maintain a robust compliance monitoring and reporting framework to ensure that all risk exposures, including any anomalies are promptly and accurately escalated to the management to enable informed decision making
- Implement Basel II projects relating to market and liquidity risks in line with regulatory guidelines and the group’s Integrated Risk Management Framework
- Identify, follow-up and escalate risk limit excesses/breaches/exceptions (if any) to the Management for informed decision making
- Perform independent revaluation of treasury positions / instruments and conducting stress tests on Trading Book positions
- Update risk limit files within the Treasury system (Murex)
To succeed in this role as Head, Middle Office for Market Risk, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Tertiary graduate or qualified professional with at least five years experience in banking and financial industry, with exposure to risk management/internal audit/treasury dealing and operations/accounting
- In-depth knowledge of treasury products/operations
- Strong experience in market and liquidity risk management approaches/quantitative techniques
- Knowledge of relevant regulations governing treasury operations and risk management
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem solving skills with aptitude for logic
This local bank needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Head, Middle Office for Market Risk job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C