Head, Transaction Banking Risk Management
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Doreen Ooi
Date posted 25 October 20192019-10-25 2019-12-24 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 228000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head, Transaction Banking Risk Management job has become available at one of the top local banks based in Kuala Lumpur. Managing the risk management function for the transaction banking business, this is a role for a risk manager who is a leader in their field.
About the Head, Transaction Banking Risk Management Role:
In this business critical role, you will manage and improve the overall formulation and execution of risk management frameworks for transaction banking to align with group risk standards and support the group’s strategy and initiatives.
- Oversee the risk reporting process to enable timely and accurate reporting of key risks within transaction banking
- Provide guidance and sign-offs to transaction banking, where appropriate, when new products are being introduced. Guidance includes imposing certain conditions to ensure that necessary controls are in place to mitigate any potential risks that may arise from the introduction of a new product or entry into a new market
- Support and drive all projects and tasks assigned by the Global Banking Chief Risk Officer and collaborate and manage interdependencies involving cross-functional and cross-sector deliverables
- Report non-compliance of risk controls and any areas of concern to appropriate authorities and initiate corrective action with the relevant business parties as a preemptive measure to prevent similar incidents from occurring
To succeed in this Head, Transaction Banking Risk Management role, you must collaborate with Product Heads, Support Heads and Country Heads within transaction banking to incorporate new business initiatives within approved risk parameters and to advise Group Risk on business needs to ensure risk parameters are appropriate.
- At least a bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, Statistics or equivalent
- Professional qualification in risk management is an added advantage
- Preferably more than 10 years’ experience in related filed and have regular dealing with senior management, board members and regulators
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative partner – ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely at all levels internally and externally
This well-known local bank has an outstanding reputation and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression awaits the right person in this exciting Head, Transaction Banking Risk Management job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C