Head of Corporate Risk (Life Insurance)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant PuiYi Sum
Date posted 09 October 20192019-10-09 2019-12-08 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 216000 264000 264000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Corporate Risk (Life Insurance) job opportunity has just arisen at a reputable life insurance company based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in their career.
About the Head of Corporate Risk (Life Insurance) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for assisting the CRO in developing and driving a sound, open and proactive risk culture; implementing and maintaining an effective risk management framework, policies and processes; and promoting effective risk management in the business unit.
- Lead the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) exercise to ensure adequate capital to meet the company’s capital requirements on an ongoing basis
- Lead regular reviews on risk strategy and risk appetite to ensure that the risk taking capacity is measured and monitored effectively
- Conduct independent risk reviews and complement business lines activities in risk identification, analysis, evaluation and reporting important results together with recommendations to the management and board on all areas (strategic asset allocation (SAA) and new investments, actuarial valuation process and assumptions, pricing process, assumptions and new products, and reinsurance arrangements)
- Represent CRO (when required) in relevant committees and able to contribute constructively
To succeed in the role, you will need to have the ability to see the big picture, and have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, with an ability to interact effectively within all levels of the organisation.
- Degree in actuarial, risk management, finance or any equivalent discipline
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the actuarial or risk management field within the insurance industry
- Solid knowledge of and experience in life insurance risk (reserving, pricing, reinsurance) and financial risk management. Experience with product design, pricing and experience study is an asset
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to drive continuous communication with the regulators, head office, business unit and other relevant departments, and across borders
The leading international composite insurer has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all comes up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, are passionate about the insurance business and want to elevate yourself into senior management, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Corporate Risk (Life Insurance) role.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C