AVP, Internal Audit
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant PuiYi Sum
Date posted 08 October 20192019-10-08 2019-12-07 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 144000 144000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting AVP, Internal Audit job has just become available at a reputable regional bank based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Chief Internal Auditor, this is a role for an ambitious individual who is both detail-oriented and technically sound.
About the AVP, Internal Audit Role:
In this business critical role, your primary responsibility is to assist the Chief Internal Auditor and local management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities.
- Plan and carry out audit assignments according to the risk-based audit plan and/or other ad hoc assignments with appropriate updates to the audit planning memo, audit programme, etc., that are in accordance with the needs of the board audit committee, parent bank or regulatory authorities
- Ensure effective closure of audit assignments, i.e. exit meetings and/or issuance of audit reports (or equivalent) to communicate results of assessment and review for management’s action
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor in preparing audit reports and other reporting requirements as required by the parent bank, regional office, management, Bank Negara Malaysia, board audit committee and other authorities
- Follow up and ensure proper closure on audit recommendations of internal audit department, regulatory and other outsource audits respectively
- Carry out quality assurance duties in determining whether activities performed within internal audit functions conform to standards set by relevant guidelines, regulators and other mandatory mandates
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong analytical skills while also being able to handle multiple projects/assignments.
- Degree in finance/accounting or any relevant discipline
- Minimum of six years of relevant work experience in the banking industry
- Proficient in principles and practices of accounting and audit standards, methodologies and regulatory requirements
This company is recognised within their related field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven with the right personality and job experience, and keen to test your limits in a new environment, this AVP, Internal Audit is the role for you.
Apply now or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C