Head of Credit Evaluation
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Yilin Tham
Date posted 24 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-23 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Credit Evaluation job has just arisen at a reputable bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a high-performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in their career.
About the Head of Credit Evaluation Role:
As the Head of Credit Evaluation, you will be responsible for promoting a prudent lending practice and to safeguard asset quality of the bank through various proactive and control measures embedded in the monitoring and surveillance procedures and policies with compliance with the regulations and laws, guidelines, manuals and policies.
- Lead and guide the credit evaluation managers
- Ensure that key performance indicators are within the acceptable level
- Evaluate credit proposals and prepare credit evaluation comment and recommendation.
- Work closely with the lending unit to assist in deal structuring, name clearance, risk identifications and risk mitigations
- Ensure lending propositions are in accordance with the relevant rules, guidelines and policies set internally or by regulators
- Be the point of reference for credit-related matters and provide guidance to the lending officers
- Ensure the accuracy of the information in the credit proposal and credit scorecard prior to submission for approval
- Provide independent feedback to the management with respect to material risk areas with the objective of enabling the management to make more informed decisions that are within acceptable parameters of risks
- Ensure the department’s staff are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills in handling the tasks assigned and to facilitate their career advancement
To succeed in this role, you must possess a meticulous and solution-driven mindset.
- Comprehensive understanding of the full spectrum of credit evaluation processes
- Best practices in credit evaluation
- At least 10 years' experience in functions related to credit management/evaluation/risk management
This leading financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Credit Evaluation role.
Apply today or email me at Yilin.Tham@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C