Head of Internal Audit
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant PuiYi Sum
Date posted 21 August 20192019-08-21 2019-10-20 insurance Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 192000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Internal Audit job opportunity has just become available at a reputable insurance company. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in their career.
About the Head of Internal Audit Role:
A leading international insurance organisation is looking for an experienced Head of Internal Auditor to take on the Head of Audit position. Reporting directly to the regional office and audit committee, the incumbent will be responsible for planning and executing internal audits and making and communicating control assessments for Malaysia’s insurance businesses.
- Coordinate with the Regional Audit Head in maintaining routine contact with key regional and country management and business process leaders to ensure effective and accurate flow of information that would facilitate the assessment of risk
- Prepare and consolidate support and summarisation for the draft reports to be submitted to the Regional Audit Head; prepare and present reports at audit committee meetings
- Perform control assessments of the business based on audit work performed and other information sources; prepare regular audit status summary reports for the Regional Audit Head, as well as, performance against plan and any remedial action requirements
- Assist in development and assessment of audit universe and annual audit plan, perform internal audit work as appropriate in accordance with department standards and targets
- Prepare and/or review of all audit opinions and reports and second-level review and approval of work papers from teammates; follow up on outstanding audit issues and looks for systemic issues
- Develop a high performing audit team, review and approve team performance assessments and discusses them with the team member(s); evaluate and identify team building and training
The successful candidate would require full competence in the audit field.
- Degree in accounting/auditing or equivalent qualifications
- CIA, MICPA, ACCA, CIMA and/or any other professional qualifications of a recognised accounting or internal auditing body
- At least 15 years of working experience in financial services, preferably in a life insurance environment
- Proven track record of excellent stakeholder management, leadership and communication skills
This global insurer has made a name for themselves internationally as a top financial services provider. They are already well-known in the industry and is also within the wealth and asset management industry for individuals and institutions. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Internal Audit role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C