Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Doreen Ooi
Date posted 23 June 20192019-06-23 2019-08-22 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Credit Approver job has become available at one of the most respected global banks based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Department, this is a role for a dynamic credit approver who is looking to make a lasting contribution to the department.
About the Credit Approver Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible to implement Wholesale Malaysia Risk Team's strategic vision and forward-looking approach to achieve strong asset quality across customer segments
- Manage of stressed accounts and provide strategic input to minimise impairment provisions of accounts while also to identify emerging risks through portfolio management strategies and initiate mitigation strategies
- Maintain wholesale credit exposures, non-performing advances and impairment provisions within acceptable norms while also strengthening customer understanding, acceptance and implementation of policies/thresholds and incorporate risk issues as integral to all activities
- Ensure quality control and quick turnaround of Wholesale Credit Risk team in the credit approval process to global businesses and manage key relationships with regulators, rating agencies, industry bodies and auditors, whichever relevant
- Encourage efficient and streamlined credit processes, including providing guidance and contribution to risk rating frameworks/scorecards while also to maintain cost discipline, rationalise and consolidate risk expenses
- To succeed in this Credit Approver role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependence, as well as the implication of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level
- Possess a graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field with at least four years of relevant wholesale credit approving experience with a commercial banking
- Exposure to demanding operational environments to gain insight into effective risk management applications and professional competence which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management
- Understanding of group strategies and collaborating with business to accomplish strategies and ability to assess risk trends, both internally and externally
- Must be able to demonstrate business, financial and accounting acumen, such as leading a profit and loss unit and also having strong communication and interpersonal skills
This globally established financial institution requires no introduction and is well-recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate environment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have the can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Credit Approver role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C