AVP, Market Risk
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jaecent Lei
Date posted 22 April 20192019-04-22 2019-06-21 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters
An exciting AVP, Market Risk job has just arisen at a local bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in his or her career.
About the AVP, Market Risk Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for providing the forward look on the risk landscape which the bank operates in – this includes but are not limited to analysing hotspots, specific risks and key threats across the region posed by possible shocks or adverse trends, assess organisation's preparedness and recommend appropriate risk mitigations/ actionable solutions
- Identify and highlight hotspots, emerging risks and specific risks in each business areas across the region, supported by analysis of market prices, volatility, market correlations, using various tools
- Provide quantitative assessment and insights to business units and senior management as well as the organisation's preparedness under possible shock
- Ensure the business proposals/products are fully understood including the basis/assumptions and methodology used
- Formulate market risk policies, risk controls as well as limits/parameters for centres across the region with consideration of aggregated risk exposures
- Develop stress testing with appropriate parameters/scenarios to ensure risk profiles are within risk appetite, respond timely to likelihood of worsening market scenarios/risk profiles.
- Roll-out Group Risk’s framework, policies & procedures for MKE Malaysia and for all centers within the expected timelines
- Engage the relevant parties across the region, including business owners, risk partners, support functions and perform robust risk evaluations
To succeed in this AVP, Market Risk role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels.
- Possess tertiary education from a reputable institution in risk management, statistics, mathematics, finance and/or accounting
- At least eight years' experience in fund management risk functions, especially in investment risk/performance risk
- Strategic thinker and leading through vision coupled with good relationship building initiatives
- Possess the ability to adapt to change and at the same time being able to drive change and performance too
- Must be a team player and at the same time being able to work independently with self-initiation under minimal supervision
This local bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting AVP, Market Risk role.
Apply today or email me at Jaecent.Lei@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C