AVP, Investment Risk
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jaecent Lei
Date posted 17 April 20192019-04-17 2019-06-16 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An exciting AVP, Investment Risk job has just arisen at an investment bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in his or her career.
About the AVP, Investment Risk Role:
In this business critical position, you will be responsible for assisting in the execution of regional risk management framework and developing tools and methodologies for identification, measurement, monitoring, control and rating risk associated within the asset management business of the financial institution group.
- Provide risk oversight for the major risk categories involving the risk-taking units, including business group and capability groups
- Execute effective portfolio risk management strategies that control the fund under management’s exposure in various risk categories such as market, credit and liquidity risk
- Review and back-test on risk models/parameters constructed to ensure its relevance, which involves tasks such as VaR generation and reporting of funds, stress testing, monitoring and maintenance of post-trade risk parameters, liquidity monitoring of all underlying funds, etc.
- Advise on the areas of potential risk and impact of new initiatives to the entity’s business strategies and objectives through development and conduct of independent risk assessment for new initiatives/products to ensure the adequacy of risk management and to propose the appropriate mitigation plan for such potential risk
- Support the strategic implementation, alignment and continuity from Group Risk, i.e. support all risk related projects/tasks assigned by entity Head of Risk or Group Risk
To succeed in this AVP, Investment Risk role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels.
- Possess tertiary education from a reputable institution in risk management, statistics, mathematics, finance and/or accounting
- At least eight years' experience in fund management risk functions, especially in investment risk/performance risk
- Strategic thinker and leading through vision coupled with good relationship building initiatives
- Possess the ability to adapt to change and at the same time being able to drive change and performance too
- Must be a team player and at the same time being able to work independently with self-initiation under minimal supervision
This leading investment bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting AVP, Investment Risk role.
Apply today or email me at Jaecent.Lei@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C