VP, Independent Credit Review
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jaecent Lei
Date posted 04 March 2019 2019-03-042019-05-03 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120001 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An exciting VP, Independent Credit Review job has just arisen at a local bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her career.
About the VP, Independent Credit Review Role:
In this business critical role, you will be required to provide independent credit reviews to ensure that credit decisions-making remains consistent with the bank’s overall credit risk management arrangements. The main role is to provide post-approval credit reviews, by selecting appropriate samples from the bank’s credit lending portfolios.
- Assess the quality of credit risk assessment and rigour of credit approval processes, including in respect of the scope of information obtained for credit decisions and whether credit decisions are in accordance with the credit risk strategy, credit risk policy, and relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Assess the scope, effectiveness and timeliness of credit risk monitoring activities
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of ratings assigned to counterparties, as well as ensure appropriateness of credit classifications and provisioning levels
- Prepare report on the outcomes of, including any recommendations arising from, independent credit reviews to the Group Board Risk Committee, Board Audit Committee and senior management
- Assist senior management in developing and maintaining appropriate credit risk scoring models, including ICAAP and stress testing exercise
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders at various levels.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting/Finance, with minimum five years’ experience in credit risk or credit audit field
- Possess CCP or other relevant professional certification in audit field or equivalent
- Well-versed in local banking industry knowledge and regulatory requirements
If you are a talented and driven professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this VP, Independent Credit Review position is the role for you.
Apply today or email me at Jaecent.Lei@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C