Head, Credit Risk Review
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jaecent Lei
Date posted 16 January 2019 2019-01-162019-03-17 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An attractive Head, Credit Risk Review job position has just arisen at a local bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a high-performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her career.
About the Head, Credit Risk Review Role:
In this business critical role, you will be supporting the Head of Department in managing the Credit Risk Review (CRR) team in providing high quality independent assurance review of the various credit appraisals of the bank’s credit portfolios (loans, derivatives, secured financing etc.) on post approval basis to facilitate improvement of the bank’s overall asset quality, information systems and internal controls.
- Plan, organise and implement on-site file based review under sector review initiative and ensure that any issues raised from the sector review are properly highlighted and framed in the Credit Risk Review report to the Management for due attention and possible solutions
- Plan, organise and implement post approval review by proposing scope of portfolios for review and risk based sampling process of approvals in order to meet the Management’s expectation and Regulatory requirements to improve the Bank’s overall credit underwriting quality
- Provide assurance through the sector and post approval reviews that the aggregate risk profile has been understood, is within risk appetite and is reflective of current market conditions and concerns and ensure any emerging risks are identified and highlighted to senior management
- Plan and execute formalisation of Group & Regional Credit Risk Review functions including full regionalisation initiative covering the methodologies, risk definitions, credit segments as well as closure of gaps or different approaches adopted by the Regional CRR teams
- Accountable for Credit Risk Review reports to all the relevant committees such as Group Management Credit Committee (GMCC), Group Executive Risk Committee (GERC) & Risk Management Committee (RMC)
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders at various levels.
- A recognised degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Finance/Accountancy/Economics/Banking or equivalent. Certified Credit Professional (CCP) or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years' work experience in credit risk management with comprehensive knowledge of credit processing, evaluation and assurance activities
- Strong analytical skills with complete understanding of credit risk analysis risk rating process, in depth product knowledge of lending and derivative products as well as a good understanding of regulatory requirements and internal credit policies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as the function requires regular communication and presentations with key stakeholders; excellent command of written and spoken English is a prerequisite for consideration
- Proven ability to accept accountability, assume leadership and demonstrate initiative
If you are a talented and driven professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Head, Credit Risk Review position is the role for you.
Apply today or email me at Jaecent.Lei@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTKSM 423C