Head of Risk, Economic & Regulations
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 09 November 2018 2018-11-092019-01-08 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Head of Risk, Economic & Regulations role has just become available with a regional financial institution that is well-established in its home country that is based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Head of Risk, Economic & Regulations Role:
In this business-critical role, you are responsible with supporting the Head of CRO Office in managing the daily routine of the newly created unit whilst ensuring good stakeholder relationship are being foster within Group Risk, in-country and across the region.
- Ensure the Risk Committee Governance structure meets stakeholder expectations (Board, Board RMC, Senior Management, Regulators), aligning to best practices and regulatory requirements
- Develop a Stakeholder Management Framework that would identify key stakeholders, establish their expectations and needs and ensure that such needs are addressed by Group Risk Sector. The stakeholders shall include Board of Directors, Board Committees, Senior Management Committees, Regulators and Visitors.
- Represents the Group Risk in providing single point of contact with the identified stakeholders and ensure effective process to meet their requirements. Prepare regular risk reports for Chairman of RMC, GCRO and others to be tabled to Board of Directors, Bank Negara Malaysia and other stakeholders.
- Articulate key risk concerns and expectations of stakeholders to Group Corporate Credit for remedial actions as required
To succeed in the Head of Risk, Economic & Regulations role you will need to have the ability to work effectively, independently and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, and across borders.
- Master’s degree Economics, Social Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Finance or Accounting or an equivalent professional qualification (FRM or CFA is an added advantage).
- At least 5 in Risk Management and have regular dealings with senior management, Board members and regulators.
- Good public relations skills when dealing with senior stakeholders and regulators.
- Demonstrate positive values and have the ability to influence others
This locally established regional financial institution requires no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate culture, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Head of Risk, Economic & Regulations role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125