AVP, Risk Management
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 08 November 2018 2018-11-082019-01-05 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting AVP, Risk Management position has just become available with the Asset Management entity of a top local financial institution group that is based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Head of Risk Management, this is a position that is set forth for a potential candidate that is well-verse in investment risk to gain the overall understanding of the risk function (including ERM, ORM, Credit Risk, etc) within this entity that has regional presence in Jakarta and Singapore too.
About this AVP, Risk Management Role:
In this business critical position, you will be responsible to assist in the execution of regional risk management framework and developing tools and methodologies for identification, measurement, monitoring, control and rating risk associated within the asset management business of the financial institution group.
- Provide risk oversight for the major risk categories involving the risk-taking units, including business group and capability groups. Major risk categories include, but not limited to, reputational risk, market risk, counter party risk, operational risk and fund management specific risk (includes research methodology, investment risk, product risk and performance risk)
- Execute effective portfolio risk management strategies that control the fund under management’s exposure in various risk categories such as market, credit and liquidity risk
- Review and back-test on risk models/parameters constructed to ensure its relevance, which involves tasks such as VaR generation & reporting of funds, stress testing, monitoring & maintenance of post-trade risk parameters, liquidity monitoring of all underlying funds, etc.
- Advice on the areas of potential risk and impact of new initiatives to the entity’s business strategies and objectives through development and conduct of independent risk assessment for new initiatives/products to ensure the adequacy of risk management and to propose the appropriate mitigation plan for such potential risk
- Support the strategic implementation, alignment and continuity from Group Risk, i.e. support all risk related projects/tasks assigned by entity Head of Risk or Group Risk
To succeed in this AVP, Risk Management role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively, independently and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, and across borders.
- Possess tertiary education from a reputable institution within the areas of risk management, statistics, mathematics, finance and/or accounting. Advanced post-graduate qualification or professional qualification is an added advantage
- At least six years of relevant experience in fund management risk functions, especially in investment risk/performance risk. Additional exposure to operational risk and/or enterprise risk management is an added advantage
- Possess the ability of strategic thinking and leading through vision coupled with good relationship building initiatives
- Possess the ability to adapt to change and at the same time being able to drive change and performance too
- Must be a team player and at the same time being able to work independently with self-initiation under minimal supervision
This local Asset Management entity is well-established under an established regional financial institution that requires no introduction and is well-recognised in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate culture, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this AVP, Risk Management role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125