BRCM Manager, Commercial Bank
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 19 October 2018 2018-10-192018-12-18 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting BRCM Manager, Commercial Bank role has just become available with a globally established financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Business Risk & Control Management (BRCM), you will task to assist the Commercial Banking division in ensuring business growth are well-governed by internal & global risk and compliance policies and procedures.
About the BRCM Manager, Commercial Bank Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible in planning and adopting a risk assessment programme that focuses on key risk areas (including Shariah risk) and mitigating controls/actions which enables senior management to effectively manage and monitor key operational risks across the Group.
- Review the assessment of the operational risk areas and recommendations for establishing appropriate risk management procedures and review of proposed procedural changes and commenting on their adequacy from an operational risk perspective
- Overseeing the conduct of Risk Control Assessment in accordance to Operational Framework to raise the awareness level while also to plan and develop contents of the training/workshops on operational risk to new/existing Business to adequate understanding of operational risk and controls
- Maintaining good working relationship with, and presenting a professional image of the unit to local regulators, industry bodies and peers while also championing the Operational Risk Methodology within the Group and disseminating best practices received from regional office or any other source to various functions
- Ensure that breaches or material risks are identified and brought to the attention of appropriate line management and reported to senior management if escalation triggers are breaches
To succeed in this role as the BRCM Manager, Commercial Bank, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior stakeholders, internally and externally, and across borders.
- Possess a degree with at least five years of banking experience in operations and/or risk management functions
- Exposure to operations and a control environment, such as audit and compliance, for at least 10 years with experience in operational risk management at management level
- Good understanding of other areas of risk (i.e. credit, market, information security and fraud)
- Possess the ability to conceptualise the operational impact of business change with proven problem solving skills and ability to consider alternative and lateral solutions (including use of data and technology)
This globally established financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in this region. With great clients and known for their corporate practices, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting BRCM Manager, Commercial Bank role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125