Traded Market Risk Control Manager
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 16 October 2018 2018-10-162018-12-04 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A rare & exciting Traded Market Risk Control Manager role has just become available with a globally established financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Market & Treasury Credit Risk, this is a role where an experienced market risk candidate who is well-verse in the Market Risk Management and possibly with credit risk exposure that is looking for new challenge in a business-driven environment within a MNC environment.
About the Traded Market Risk Control Manager Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible to support the Senior Manager of Market & Treasury Credit Risk to perform the Market Risk Control & Risk Management function within Global Markers and Balance Sheet Management segment, providing an on-the-ground presence for liaise with regional Market Risk Management. In addition to that, you will be responsible to execute independent Market Risk Monitoring and Reporting requirements to support/control Front Office.
- Provide risk inputs to capital reporting.
- Implementation of risk management policies and procedures across Global Markets including operational risk assessment, mitigation, control and loss reporting related to market risk.
- Promotion of an appropriate control and compliance culture in line with Group objectives with Global Markets business. Monitoring portfolios from a market risk perspective and identifying/escalating issues/trends to Senior Management and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of market risk positions, all risks are correctly captured in a timely manner in accordance with Group Policy. Implementation of changes in risk metrics are effectively reported to stakeholders and senior management.
- Preparation of Market Risk Management Reporting for Risk Management Committee and Senior Management Market Risk forum.
- Monitor portfolios from a market risk perspective and identify issues/trends that may result in breaches of mandated market risk limits and/or increased risk to the Bank. Ensure that the identified issues are escalated to the correct level of management.
- Ad-hoc analysis of various risk exposures and communicate issues to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- Assisting with the roll out of new risk systems, including testing of risk exposures.
- Providing support to other key local stakeholders where applicable.
To succeed in this role as the Traded Market Risk Control Manager, you must be able to work efficiently and co-operatively with stakeholders of various business levels, internally and externally, and across borders.
- A professionally qualified post graduate in finance with an engineering/maths degree, are most desirable.
- Relevant work experience around 7 to 10 years of banking experience at executive level with exposure in Global Markets.
- Exposure in credit risk would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, planning, mathematical, problem-solving, communications, financial, technical, interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Possesses a strong commercial acumen.
This globally established financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in this region. With great clients and known for their corporate practices, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have a successful track record in the Financial Crime Risk & Compliance field and enjoy working in a competitive environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Traded Market Risk Control Manager role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125