Head, Group Non-Traded Market Risk
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 04 October 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Head, Group Non-Traded Market Risk role has just become available with an established locally incorporated regional financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Group Market based in Singapore, this is a position for an experienced Non-Traded Market Risk candidate that is looking to join one of Malaysia’s top financial institution with the regional and global exposure.
About the Head, Group Non-Traded Market Risk role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible to oversee the Malaysian Asset-Liability Management function (ALM) and leading a small team with accordance to Group Risk strategy. In addition, you will also play a group role in overseeing any ALM related issues, including Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Risk.
- Develop and implement an effective framework covering liquidity risk management and interest rate risks in the banking book.
- Required to understand balance sheet and funding structure in-country and the related regulatory requirements/limits.
- Develop country balance sheet and funding plans incorporating all relevant factors considering the strategic changes to the balance sheet.
- Support ALM matters to the Group ALCO and senior risk management committees while also acting as the Subject Matter Expert to advice Group Finance, Financial Markets and other business units on ALM and Treasury matters.
- Implement ALM tools including dashboards, maturity/liquidity gap reports, ALM benchmark ratios and triggers.
- Mentor and groom team members on ALM matters.
To succeed in the Head, Group Non-Traded Market Risk role, you will need have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with the team, across borders and internal matrix. Technically, you would need to possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an aptitude for logic.
- Possess degree in business or related fields with at least 10 years of relevant experience in Non-Traded Market Risk.
- Strong knowledge and dealings in Corporate Treasury, Banking Book and Contingency Planning are essential.
- Possess knowledge of ALM principles, techniques as well as treasury products/operations a must.
- Possess initiative and awareness of market trends and best practices.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
This top local leading financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise within the industry. With great clients and known for their corporate social responsibility initiatives, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head, Group Non-Traded Market Risk role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125