Chief Compliance Officer
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Doreen Ooi
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-11-12 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Chief Compliance Officer job has become available at one of the top investment bank based in Kuala Lumpur. Managing the end-to-end Compliance function for the bank, this is a role for a Compliance professional who is a leader in their field.
About the Chief Compliance Officer role:
In this business-critical role, you will plan and manage compliance and legal risks in order to mitigate the salient risks to the Bank and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, the Bank’s policies and procedures, including establishing and maintaining control processes
- Keep the Board, senior management and employees up-to-date with compliance requirements through dissemination of information and guidance
- Establish a compliance framework with regards to the identified compliance risks and directing the actions necessary to implement compliance requirements
- Monitor compliance measures by performing reviews and recommending corrective actions
- Report to senior management, and where necessary to the Board, on compliance issues (including real or potential breaches) and recommending appropriate action to address non-compliance, exposures and risks of recurrence
- Train employees in respect of compliance related rules, guidelines and circulars
- Ensure drafting and vetting of legal documents and agreements to support business of the Bank
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and industry representative bodies in respect of compliance matters
- Oversee the corporate services functions of the Bank which serves as Secretariat for the Management Committees of the Bank, updating Authority Manual of the Bank etc
To succeed in this role as the Chief Compliance Officer, you will need to be a key member of the Senior Management Committee, share primary responsibilities for the oversight of the business and operational performance of the Bank as a whole and the promotion of a sound risk and corporate culture within the Bank.
- Bachelor' degree or professional qualification from a reputable institution
- At least three years' direct experience as a compliance officer in the capital market
- Sound understanding of regulations, and deep industry knowledge with a capability of translating this into effective compliance strategies and plans
- Strong leadership skills in building a high-performing organisation and collaborative culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with different levels of stakeholders and employees
- Sharp appreciation and balance for business needs and compliance requirements
This well-known Bank has an outstanding reputation and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great exposure awaits the right person in this exciting Chief Compliance Officer job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125