Senior Wholesale Credit Risk Manager
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 20 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Senior Wholesale Credit Risk Manager role has just become available with a globally established financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Approval in Malaysia, this is a role for an experienced and senior credit approver with a strong business acumen and appreciation towards commercial and corporate loans.
About the Senior Wholesale Credit Risk Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible implement Wholesale Malaysia Risk team's strategic vision and forward looking approach to achieve strong asset quality across customer segments and well balanced Risk reward/Shareholder Value aligned to local risk appetite. This position reports directly to the Head of Corporate Approvals in Malaysia.
- Manage of stressed accounts and provide strategic input to minimise impairment provisions of accounts while also to identify emerging risks through Portfolio Management strategies and initiate mitigation strategies
- Maintain wholesale credit exposures, Non-performing Advances and Impairment Provisions within acceptable norms while also strengthening customer understanding, acceptance and implementation of policies/thresholds and incorporate risk issues as integral to all activities
- Ensure quality control and quick turnaround of Wholesale Credit Risk team in the credit approval process to global businesses and also to manage key relationships with regulators, rating agencies, industry bodies and auditors, whichever relevant
- Encourage efficient and streamlined credit processes, including providing guidance and contribution to risk rating frameworks/scorecards while also to maintain cost discipline, rationalise and consolidate risk expenses, including contribution to implementation/upgrade/maintenance of Credit systems where necessary
To succeed in this Senior Wholesale Credit Risk Manager role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependence, as well as the implication of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level.
- Possess a graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field with at least 8 years of relevant wholesale credit approving experience with a commercial banking
- Exposure to demanding operational environments to gain insight into effective risk management applications and professional competence which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management
- Understanding of Group strategies and collaborating with business to accomplish strategies and ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally
- Must be able to demonstrate business, financial and accounting acumen, such as leading a Profit & Loss unit and also having strong communication and interpersonal skills
This globally established financial institution requires no introduction and is well-recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate environment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have the can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Wholesale Credit Risk Manager role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125