AVP, Client Risk Management
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 17 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting AVP, Client Risk Management role has just become available with the shared service arm of an established global financial institution to be based in Cyberjaya. Reporting directly to the Global Head of Client Risk Management in Hong Kong, this role is based in Cyberjaya and will provide business risk review support across the UK, EU, US and/or Middle East/North Africa region.
About the AVP, Client Risk Management Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible to execute Client Selection and Exist Management process requirement globally, regionally and locally (country specific) including guiding team to execute the function’s compliance checks in their BAU operating model.
- Reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology
- Ensure all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and by addressing areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
- Adhere to and ability to demonstrate adherence to internal controls with all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and by the timely implementation of internal & external audit points (including issued raised by external regulators), where appropriate
- Implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Compliance (including Global Officer, Area Officer and/or Local Officer)
- Adhere to all relevant processes and procedures and by liaising with Compliance about new business initiative at the earliest opportunity
- Managing the Regional Activity Team and providing guidance to offices across jurisdictions and product line, additionally: collaborating, managing, executing projects relating to business risk review while supporting, guiding and executing requirement of the Client Selection and Exit Management processes
To succeed in this AVP, Client Risk Management role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix.
- Must possess relevant industry qualification / degree holder / experience in alignment within the risk and/or audit field with at least 10 years of experience
- Relevant experience of between two to five years' in Securities Services Operations or control environment preferably in Funds, Direct Custody & Clearing (DCC) and Corporate Trust and Loan Agency (CTLA); Experience / knowledge in Capital Markets is preferred too with relevant experience in client management/screening or audit and internal control
- Fluency of both spoken and written English language is a main requirement with strong stakeholder management experience
- Possess experience with a top tier financial institution environment with ability to operate within federated model spanning multiple geographic location would be an added advantage
- Ability to exercise strong influencing skills and effective communicator at senior management level
- Evidence of Operational Risk or Regulatory Compliance (with business acumen) expertise along with ability to identify risk and build mitigating controls across front to back processes
This shared service arm of an established global financial institution needs no introduction as they have won awards within its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The banking institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting AVP, Client Risk Management role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125