Manager, Business Continuity Management
Salary Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 04 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Manager, Business Continuity Management (BCM) job has just become available within a leading payment platform firm in the local financial services industry. Based in Kuala Lumpur and reporting directly to the Head of Risk Management, this is a position for an experienced BCM professional to take a step up and lead the BCM function for the firm.
About the Manager, Business Continuity Management Role:
In this business-critical position, you will be responsible for implementing Business Continuity Management (BCM) according to the organisation's Enterprise Business Continuity Framework and continue to improve organisational ability and capacity to react to any potential incident. You will also be responsible for ensuring the BCM framework and related components, such as Business Continuity Plan (BCP), IT Disaster Recovery Plan (DR), Crisis Management Plan and Emergency Response Procedure, to be on par with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Review, improve and implement enterprise-wide BCM framework, ensure organisational BCM components are in compliance with BNM BCM Guidelines, ISO 22301 BCM and industry best practice and also to develop a comprehensive BCM plan for the firm
- Develop, implement and/or maintain BCP, conduct risk assessment and business impact analysis, review business continuity and recovery strategies, develop and implement related training/awareness programmes and plan/facilitate tests and exercises
- Participate in IT disaster recovery plans, evaluate and review IT disaster recovery plans and coordinate consolidation of DR report for risk management reporting
- Develop crisis, incident or emergency responses procedures, conduct and implement training and awareness programmes and plan/facilitate Crisis Management and Emergency Responses training programmes
- Act as the firm's Business Continuity coordinator with primary function of leading and implementing BCM activities; act as BCM Committee secretary and handle a whole spectrum of BCM initiatives
To succeed in the Manager, Business Continuity Management role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, both internally and externally.
- Possess degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Risk Management or related disciplines and minimum certification in Business Continuity Planning Planner (BCCP) from BCM Institute or Associate Business Continuity Professional from Disaster Recovery institute
- Possess over six years' relevant experience in operational risk management with focus in Business Continuity Management covering Business Continuity Planning and/or IT Disaster Recovery Planning
- Good understanding of Crisis Management Plan, Emergency Response Procedure and Health Pandemic Plan would be advantageous
- Experience in handling end-to-end Business Continuity Plan activities from Risk Assessment to Testing and Exercising in banking environment
- Able to work under broad direction but is a self-motivated individual who is able to work independently; has technical responsibility and accountability for work performed and decisions taken
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate and manage relationships of all levels with business users, financial institutions, vendors as well as team members
The successful candidate will join a company whose payment platform has made it a leader in its field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Manager, Business Continuity Management role.
Apply now or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125