Head of Risk Management
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 04 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Head of Risk Management role has just become available with one of the top 3 financial institution in the world to be based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting under the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) department, this is a role for an experienced all-rounded Risk Professional that is ready for a set up to cover the overall risk management function (with specialisation in credit risk) for the CRO.
About the Head of Risk Management Role:
In this business critical position, you are responsible to manage and oversee the day-to-day operations and functions of the Risk Management Department. This includes the following units: Integrated Risk Surveillance & Infrastructure, Market Risk & Analytics, Operational Risk Surveillance and Credit Policy & Portfolio.
- Facilitate the development of integrated risk management framework of the Bank which covers the governance of credit risk, market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, strategic risk, reputation risk and other form of material risks
- Perform oversight function to ensure infrastructure, resources and systems are in place for effective integrated risk management by reviewing courses of actions to manage, monitor and mitigate material risks in an integrated manner
- Be alert, work together with relevant departments in monitoring and reviewing the changes to external and regulatory environment affecting the existing business process/operations and recommend for improvement
- Work with relevant departments to review the impacts of risk on capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality and other risk indications, including impact reviews via stress testing
- Lead and act as the Chief of the Secretariat for Management Risk Management Committee and Business Continuity Management Committee while also play active roles in various management committees (such as ALCO, Credit Committee, etc) according to the terms of reference set
To succeed in the Head of Risk Management role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, across borders and internal matrix.
- Possess at least a Bachelor degree in the relevant discipline with at least 8 years of direct experience in functions related to risk management or at least one material risk function
- Other relevant managerial experiences may be considered on exceptional basis
- Possess comprehensive understanding of the risk management infrastructure and processes with best practices of integrated risk management
- Possess sound risk management methodology, tools and techniques with specialisation in credit risk management
- Sound leadership skills with business acumen and analytical skills, along with good communication skills in English and Mandarin (literacy in Mandarin is essential in both written and spoken)
Through its continuous endeavours and stable development, the Bank has developed into the top listed banking institution in the world, possessing an excellent customer base, a diversified business structure, strong innovation capabilities and market competitiveness. The Bank has its presence in six continents, and its overseas network has expanded to 41 countries and regions.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Risk Management role.
Apply today or email me at Anthony.Lim@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125