Manager, Operational Risk & Control
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Jaecent Lei
Date posted 28 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An excellent Manager, Operational Risk & Control job in Kuala Lumpur has just arisen at a leading foreign bank. Your main responsibility is to ensure the compliance with applicable standards of the control framework and operational risk set-up in the country, covering both conventional and Islamic banking risks.
About the Manager, Operational Risk & Control role:
This is a great opportunity for a Manager, Operational Risk & Control to step up and deliver across areas including but not limited to risk identification and assessment, deployment of control plans, incident and fraud management among others.
- Coordinate performance of risk identification and assessment in liaison with the both local heads of business lines and control / support functions and regional OPC teams specialised by business line
- Act as local point of contact for deployment of control plans by regional OPC teams interfacing with local teams and ensuring any local specificities, risks or requirements are duly integrated into control plans
- Conduct of controls across the bank on key risk areas, with establishment and follow-up of action plans with management as and when required
- Ensuring all incidents / frauds are duly recorded/reported as per CIB / regional incident management guidelines and ensuring appropriate corrective actions are established and follow-up of implementation of such actions
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of key risk indicators and loss event defaults to regulator via the ORION system, and any other ad-hoc regulatory reporting or submissions that may be required
- Reporting to management committees and group OPCs on operational risk / permanent control framework, follow-up on corrective actions, incidents as well as progress on implementation of recommendations
- Lead or participate to thematic reviews requested by board, senior management, or regulator. Such reviews can be either on an ah-hoc / one-off basis, or a recurring basis
To succeed in this role as a Manager, Operational Risk & Control, you must possess at least five years’ relevant working experience in the operational risk control function.
- General understanding / previous exposure to banking activities, products, processes and systems
- Knowledge of regulatory environment in the financial services sector is preferred
- Ability to analyse systems, products and processes to identify risks and recommend improvements
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work effectively with regional control teams colleagues on operational activities
- Good understanding of internal control frameworks with a strong sense of risk and the "security" reflex
This award-winning bank has been one of the leaders in the region for years and promotes from within - career progression opportunities are outstanding.
If you are a talented and focused risk professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Manager, Operational Risk & Control job is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125